• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

456 Positive Covid-19 in UK as of 11th March

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AndrewK View Post
    I am always amazed by how younger people are disrespectful to the older generation.
    I'm equally amazed at how the older generation - who didn't fight in world wars, but had free university education, free school meals, tax relief on their mortgages, etc, spend all the country's money and sold off anything of value - whether that was council housing, British gas or British gold - then blame young people for being annoyed that the country has been sold by those who freeloaded through life and have left young people burdened with the debt.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      Just realised I'm an idiot and posted this in wrong thread ... may need to move this to General
      I did wonder but didnt like to say.

Comment

So now a couple of BA baggage handlers have it, how long before the whole airline shuts down?

Coronavirus: Two British Airways staff test positive for virus | The Independent

Comment

Just realised I'm an idiot and posted this in wrong thread ... may need to move this to General
          You have only just realised you are an idiot?
          Last edited by woohoo; 6 March 2020, 17:21.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            I did wonder but didnt like to say.
            I did wonder and would love to have said but my infraction situation wouldn't allow.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              So now a couple of BA baggage handlers have it, how long before the whole airline shuts down?

Coronavirus: Two British Airways staff test positive for virus | The Independent
              I just can't see how you can contain something like this, isn't it just another flu?

Comment

..... out of 20,338 tested

Create a news story and suddenly the NHS gets swamped by idiots all in a panic that they have the virus

163 out of 20,338 tested ... what a waste of resources!
                Tests don’t work well - NOW you can panic!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  I'm equally amazed at how the older generation - who didn't fight in world wars, but had free university education, free school meals, tax relief on their mortgages, etc, spend all the country's money and sold off anything of value - whether that was council housing, British gas or British gold - then blame young people for being annoyed that the country has been sold by those who freeloaded through life and have left young people burdened with the debt.
                  At least one major error in that. Relatively few had free university education back then.

In 1960, only 5% of young people entered higher education; today it is about 40%
                  Corbyn needs to find GBP10bn a year to make good on tuition fee pledge | Phillip Inman | Education | The Guardian

If only the best qualified took degrees as once used to be the case we probably could afford free tuition still.

Quarter of degrees never deliver enough earnings to justify GBP50k loan debt | Metro News
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Govt's advice so far has been to self isolate if you think you have the virus as if you will magically heal if you isolate yourself.
                    what they should do is procure ventilators and anti-viral medicines on a mass scale because that's what will save a lot of people. 10% of the infected people will need ventilators.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Spot on!

The situation in general is absurd, but in the uk I don't think is as bad as it is in other countries yet.

Was speaking with an italian colleague about this and he mentioned how all his 4 grandparents, still alive and all well over 90 years of age, basically retired when they were 50-55. We're talking about 40 years of state pension only (private pension plans don't seem to be common in Italy because state pension is so good that they don't need a private one).

How can a country cope with this?

No wonder Italy, Spain, Portugal, Greece are basically bankrupt. All those old bastards refusing to die are ruining it for the young generations. Same thing gonna happen to the uk.

At least here all the booze, deep frying and crap weather are keeping life expectancy under control.
                      Last edited by PCTNN; 6 March 2020, 18:05.

Comment

Working...
                      X