• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

456 Positive Covid-19 in UK as of 11th March

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
    Let's hope things said in both articles are true. Old folks and people who have health issues (hence genetically weaker) are just a hindrance for any country.
    You might insensitively make a pragmatic point about those with chronic health issues (although many such issues are NOT genetic in origin and of course it only helps Darwinism if those people have passed child-bearing years).

But the suggestion the elderly are a hindrance shows a lack of exactly the kind of wisdom old people have. The elderly should be given a lot more respect.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
      Govt's advice so far has been to self isolate if you think you have the virus as if you will magically heal if you isolate yourself.
      what they should do is procure ventilators and anti-viral medicines on a mass scale because that's what will save a lot of people. 10% of the infected people will need ventilators.
      You are either trolling or particularly ignorant. Firstly self-isolation is to prevent infection spread, not to effect a cure, on the basis that even if you do have it you are extremely unlikely to be in much danger. You WILL (95%+ probability) get 'magically' better due to your immune system. If you get badly ill then you'd go to hospital.

Secondly, there is no evidence yet that anti-virals actually help much or at all.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        You have only just realised you are an idiot?
        What part of "I'm an idiot" do you think would have helped me reach the conclusion faster?
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          I did wonder and would love to have said but my infraction situation wouldn't allow.
          Go on, you know you want to

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            You might insensitively make a pragmatic point about those with chronic health issues (although many such issues are NOT genetic in origin and of course it only helps Darwinism if those people have passed child-bearing years).

But the suggestion the elderly are a hindrance shows a lack of exactly the kind of wisdom old people have. The elderly should be given a lot more respect.
            Here it is, first old fart spotted

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              I did wonder and would love to have said but my infraction situation wouldn't allow.
              You infection situation? Have you got it?

Oh infraction. Carry on...

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                You are either trolling or particularly ignorant. Firstly self-isolation is to prevent infection spread
                thanks for reveal genius , who would have thought that.We are glad to have you on this forum

Comment

There's a lot more than 163 positive in the UK given the 14-day no symptom incubation period. Few are paying much attention how quickly this is spreading.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    There's a lot more than 163 positive in the UK given the 14-day no symptom incubation period. Few are paying much attention how quickly this is spreading.
                    It is fair to assume that there are peeps walking about out there who are positive but haven't been tested yet (and may never be tested as their symptoms are so minor they don't know they are infected). But, of the c.21k tested, only 163 have been shown as positive.

Comment

Of those tested today. Today +7 days will be a very different result. Until there's evidence to suggest a reduced number of new infections, the situation remains uncontrolled.

Here in Munich a number of schools have just said this evening they'll be closing all of next week.
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X