• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

456 Positive Covid-19 in UK as of 11th March

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
    Give your head a shake, my mother got pneumonia a few years back and is currently operating with one and half lungs, amongst other things she worked on electronics for the Apollo project. There are millions like her, who have contributed greatly to society and deserve a peaceful and enjoyable old age.

They deserve it, and if we stop operating like that and start culling people at 70 I am sure you will be the first to get yourself off to the death camp when your number is up.
    And if not I'd be happy to offer him a lift...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
      8) Nursing. Degree in changing bed pans and taking temperatures
      My daughter is about to finish her nursing degree.

You clearly have very, very little insight or knowledge of modern nursing.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post

You clearly have very, very little insight or knowledge.
        FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          You've said it once. To keep saying it is just trolling. I suggest you shut up.
          Trolling in general? Is that not allowed?

Please don't say it will lead to infraction points.

The thing that gets be about people aged 70+ is keeping on to all the housing stock. They need to share it round more....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            The thing that gets be about people aged 70+ is keeping on to all the housing stock. They need to share it round more....
            My mum owns her own home & is 70+. Where do you suggest she should live?
            If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

Originally posted by KinooOrKinog View Post
              My mum owns her own home & is 70+. Where do you suggest she should live?
              Coventry. Eastbourne is full.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
                8) Nursing. Degree in changing bed pans and taking temperatures
                I've always wondered what it must feel like to be so hard of thinking that you must occasionally forget to breathe. Can you let me know, please?
                Last edited by vwdan; 8 March 2020, 19:05.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  ..... out of 20,338 tested

Create a news story and suddenly the NHS gets swamped by idiots all in a panic that they have the virus

163 out of 20,338 tested ... what a waste of resources!

1-day later 209 becomes 273 - Just a 25% increase in 24-hours - nothing to see here....

UK braced for coronavirus epidemic as cases hit 273

George Parker, Alice Hancock and Jonathan Eley in London 9 HOURS AGOPrint this page56
                  Boris Johnson will on Monday brace the UK for a coronavirus epidemic, as ministers announce plans for a unit to fight malicious online “disinformation” linked to the virus.

With the number of cases in the UK reaching 273 on Sunday and another death reported, Mr Johnson will convene ministers and officials at an emergency Cobra meeting in expectation of the virus spreading in “a significant way” throughout the population.

A man in his 60s who had underlying health problems died at North Manchester General Hospital after testing positive for coronavirus, having recently returned from Italy, NHS England said.

Mr Johnson’s allies expect that the UK will formally move from the “contain” to the “delay” phase of its coronavirus strategy early this week, meaning that an epidemic is expected but action will be taken to try to slow down the spread of the virus.

Measures under consideration include the closure of schools, encouraging people to work at home or the closing down of large public gatherings. The Foreign and Commonwealth Office on Sunday advised against all but essential travel to parts of northern Italy that have been placed under lockdown by the authorities there.

A formal move to the “delay” phase in the UK — including the gradual introduction of new restrictions — would be signed off by government medical experts.

Downing Street declined to comment on a report in the Sunday Times that officials were working on the possibility of 100,000 deaths as a “realistic” figure during the coronavirus outbreak, saying it was not helpful to speculate on such numbers.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

BBC iPlayer - Contagion: The BBC Four Pandemic
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The wife thinks will kill more people by delaying access to health services than the actual virus itself.

You would think that somewhere in government, someone has a flow chart for this. whatToDoWhenAGlobalPandemicHits.vsd but clearly not, everything is being made up on the spot and regions are coming up with different processes so there is no top down approach.

Comment

Working...
                      X