• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

456 Positive Covid-19 in UK as of 11th March

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just watching... the power of vaccination in their simulation was amazing, only 10% vaccinated seemed to put a cork on the pandemic.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      The wife thinks will kill more people by delaying access to health services than the actual virus itself.

You would think that somewhere in government, someone has a flow chart for this. whatToDoWhenAGlobalPandemicHits.vsd but clearly not, everything is being made up on the spot and regions are coming up with different processes so there is no top down approach.
      We were thinking the same thing. This would be a very bad time to be diagnosed with pretty much anything serious except Coronavirus.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by KinooOrKinog View Post
        My mum owns her own home & is 70+. Where do you suggest she should live?
        Close to a graveyard. Just to get used to what's coming.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
          Give your head a shake, my mother got pneumonia a few years back and is currently operating with one and half lungs, amongst other things she worked on electronics for the Apollo project.
          I wouldn't go visit her if I were you. What if you are unknowingly carrying corona virus and infect her? How would you live with yourself knowing you might have killed mommy?

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
            My daughter is about to finish her nursing degree.

You clearly have very, very little insight or knowledge of modern nursing.
            On the contrary, I know it went from a caring vocational occupation to one that needs a degree and people die now of thirst, neglected, left in their own excrement. Yet another huge mistake for our society. A degree in nursing, laughable. I don't know who I feel more sorry for, those who are tricked into doing such degrees or those who end up in their 'care'.

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
              Close to a graveyard. Just to get used to what's coming.
              Why don't you FOAD yourself you obnoxious oik.

Then we'll all form a queue and piss on your grave.

Alternatively since you're a troll, go back to your bridge and **** your favourite goat.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                Then we'll all form a queue and piss on your grave.
                When you're queueing make sure you stay 1-2 metres apart from each other, it's the safety distance to avoid getting the virus.

Like the bunch of softies that you are, chances are you all gonna catch it and end in the grave next to mine.

Just stay positive, matey. Ore have you started coughing already?

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
                  On the contrary, I know it went from a caring vocational occupation to one that needs a degree and people die now of thirst, neglected, left in their own excrement. Yet another huge mistake for our society. A degree in nursing, laughable. I don't know who I feel more sorry for, those who are tricked into doing such degrees or those who end up in their 'care'.
                  So you haven't been a nurse then? And therefore know f'all.

A nursing "degree", is a statement that the said nurse has undergone the appropriate training, to the appropriate level. Nursing is a full-on, full-time course. 45 weeks a year, and approximately a 50/50 split between literally hands-on practical work and class-based studies. It's not an "easy-option".

When a nurse qualifies (s)he can actually go and do the job required. Which is more than can be said of most other courses, even the technical ones.

The reason why you don't want nurses to be reconginised at degree level is nothing to do with whether nursing should be recongised at a degree level but everything to do with your own pumped up self-importance that you have a degree in a subject that you believe is "worthy".

You are an elitest, thinking you can judge what is worthy of merit, based on your own, limited understanding of the modern economy & society.

You want to perpetuate a two-tier system where there are people with occupational qualifications ( nursing, builders, plumbers et al ) and the "clever people" with degrees. Well, I'm sorry to tell you, but that vision of society is 50 years out of date.

PS. Don't bother replying, as I'm not going to bother responding to you again.

Cheerio.

Comment

Prediction is 43 million infected, 1.46 million dead (at the current rate of 3.4%)
                    We'll hit the limit on infections in about another 4 weeks, although if extra hygiene measures are in place, that might reduce the limit to around 30 million, and in 16 weeks time, with deaths reduced to under 1 million
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The mortality is well under 1%.

Comment

Working...
                      X