• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

456 Positive Covid-19 in UK as of 11th March

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

456 Positive Covid-19 in UK as of 11th March

..... out of 20,338 tested

Create a news story and suddenly the NHS gets swamped by idiots all in a panic that they have the virus

163 out of 20,338 tested ... what a waste of resources!
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

It's all the ones that haven't been tested who are probably carrying it that you gotta worry about

Comment

The UK's testing ability is catching up with Italy.

I suspect you'll hear less and less about links to Italy with the new infections (or they will be convoluted links)
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        what a waste of resources!
        The NHS shouldn't have any problems about resources now that they're getting 350 millions every week, right?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          It's all the ones that haven't been tested who are probably carrying it that you gotta worry about
          Read an article the other day that noted the recorded infection rate in China of the under 20's was tiny. What they didn't know was, whether the under 20's were not being tested as their symptoms were so mild and didn't realise that had the virus, or that they were immune to covid-19 maybe because they had been exposed to a number of other coronaviruses.

The same article noted that most deaths were not directly caused by the virus, but were actually caused by the underlying illnesses the victims were already suffering from - the covid-19 virus was triggering their other issues to become worse.

Inneresting!

Comment

Read an article the other day that noted the recorded infection rate in China of the under 20's was tiny. What they didn't know was, whether the under 20's were not being tested as their symptoms were so mild and didn't realise that had the virus, or that they were immune to covid-19 maybe because they had been exposed to a number of other coronaviruses.

The same article noted that most deaths were not directly caused by the virus, but were actually caused by the underlying illnesses the victims were already suffering from - the covid-19 virus was triggering their other issues to become worse.

Inneresting!
            Let's hope things said in both articles are true. Old folks and people who have health issues (hence genetically weaker) are just a hindrance for any country.

Comment

Inneresting!
              That has a ring of sensible about it.

Many people may think, ah I've just got a cold, and do whatever they do when they have a cold (get on with life, for the most part).

I can definitely believe that people with underlying issues will struggle the most as they always do when various things do the rounds.

When apparently young and healthy people start falling ill / dying and it's attributable to covid-19 then we're all doomed.

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
                Let's hope things said in both articles are true. Old folks and people who have health issues (hence genetically weaker) are just a hindrance for any country.
                So 100 lords and 40 MP should snuff it then

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Just realised I'm an idiot and posted this in wrong thread ... may need to move this to General

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
                    I am always amazed by how younger people are disrespectful to the older generation. Maybe we should put them into extermination camps to save money? Let's say once you older than 60?
                    Also disabled and people on benefits?

Comment

Working...
                    X