• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Peer to Peer lending and Coronavirus

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
    Anyone thinking that this form of investment is going to see a steep rise in defaults and much lower returns because of the fact that everyone will be either ill, dead, or at home on sick pay in the coming months?

I'm thinking of selling out all my loans now. Good idea or idiotic?
    already sold (last week) and as I did I discovered 10% of the loans are in a default state so can't be sold...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      already sold (last week) and as I did I discovered 10% of the loans are in a default state so can't be sold...
      Zopa:

There is a 1% loan sale fee applied to proceeds from successful sales.

Additionally, if the loans you're selling are worth less than equivalent loans today, you will pay a market rate adjustment to the purchasing investor. This means you may not receive the full value of outstanding capital of your loan if it has a lower projected return than an equivalent new loan today.

Be aware that capital you receive for selling loans that have previously been in arrears may be less than you’d receive for loans that haven’t ever been in arrears.
      Be interesting to see how much of my capital will be taken in fees and mark downs...
      First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Yeah. Fook em.
        You wont be saying that once the Tories sell us out to Trump as the 51st State
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          You wont be saying that once the Tories sell us out to Trump as the 51st State
          It will be interesting to see how Boris responds to Anne Sacoolas getting promoted. I reckon he will suck Trump's dick. I hope I am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            It will be interesting to see how Boris responds to Anne Sacoolas getting promoted. I reckon he will suck Trump's dick. I hope I am wrong.
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Together ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Working...
              X