• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Decriminalisation of sex workers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decriminalisation of sex workers

What do CUKers think of this one:

International Women’s Day: This is why sex workers are striking in London | The Independent

All in favour meself. This is never going to go away and making so many aspects illegal is forcing women to work in unsafe conditions. Recognise it as a job, like any other service, and it can be monitored and checked just as cafes, shops etc are to prevent exploitation. Someone can contact police if necessary without feeling they are liable to be arrested themselves.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Legal is the inky sensible route - can raise fair amount of tax revenues too, but I am not sure it will work out that well for the sex workers as they will end up earning less due to income becoming taxable, most certainly VATable too - thye will have cut price competition from those who did not want to register etc

Comment

NLyUK is on strike today?

Comment

Brings a whole new meaning to SDC and inside or outside

If you have a regular punter will they be your employer and therefore liable to give you a pension and sick pay and pay employers NI, even if he is just greasy Barry from the council estate up the road who fiddles his JSA

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Brings a whole new meaning to SDC and inside or outside

If you have a regular punter will they be your employer and therefore liable to give you a pension and sick pay and pay employers NI, even if he is just greasy psycocandy from the council estate up the road who fiddles his JSA
          Dominatrix should be ok...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Dominatrix should be ok...
            Indeed control is never met

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

I think there's a whole world of issues with it, certainly, but yep. It's a literal contender for the oldest profession, so I think we can conclude it isn't going to go away.

With no real thought beyond this thread, I would support legalisation, a huge strengthening of those womens rights while also making offences around human trafficking etc to be extremely harshly punished.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                What do CUKers think of this one:

International Women’s Day: This is why sex workers are striking in London | The Independent

All in favour meself. This is never going to go away and making so many aspects illegal is forcing women to work in unsafe conditions. Recognise it as a job, like any other service, and it can be monitored and checked just as cafes, shops etc are to prevent exploitation. Someone can contact police if necessary without feeling they are liable to be arrested themselves.
                Legal sex work would still be unsafe, so the Health and Safety Executive will shut them down.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  Legal sex work would still be unsafe, so the Health and Safety Executive will shut them down.
                  Professional Idemnity Insurance and Public Liability Insurance will be dear...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Professional Idemnity Insurance and Public Liability Insurance will be dear...
                    Up to a limit of 1,000,000 acorns.

Comment

Working...
                    X