• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official Budget 2020 thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    It's called IR35 and it's to help them not be self-employed anymore.
    Covfefe!

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
      Interestingly BBC News just said the budget is now expected to contain measures to help the self-employed, but didn't say what they might be.

Maybe Rishi is going to give us a new super fluffy cotton wool-like landing for IR35...
      Yes. Instead of Zero Hour contracts they are going to change the name to Limited Minute Contracts. Because LMC slips off the tongue easier.

Comment

Umm, Rishi is not a great speaker (this is the first time I've heard him speak).

Comment

ER not abolished, but lifetime limit reduced to £1m

Comment

Get in! ER kept and only reduced to a 1m lifetime limit, which should only hit us on the top end

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
              ER not abolished, but lifetime limit reduced to £1m
              Rishi, you beauttttttyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                Get in! ER kept and only reduced to a 1m lifetime limit, which should only hit us on the top end
                Yep. Big result for contractors.

1M has got to be more than 95% of contractors are ever likely to hit.

That said I wouldn't bet against further drops in the lifetime limit

Comment

That was very surprising.. I definitely thought that ER was history...

However, there is bound to be a nasty surprise in there somewhere..

Comment

Originally posted by gnarledcontractor View Post
                    That was very surprising.. I definitely thought that ER was history...

However, there is bound to be a nasty surprise in there somewhere..
                    Yeah, it's possible there are some "details" in the red book...

Didn't sound like it though.

Comment

If he says "get it done" one more time i think i'm going to throw up

Comment

Working...
                      X