• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official Budget 2020 thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by perplexed View Post
    Not scrapped; down from 10m lifetime to 1m lifetime.

Just mentioned more HMRC staff, linking tax "gains" to NHS. So "tax avoiding contractor scum damaging NHS" will be the headlines...
    Yes he breezed through that with little detail - smacks of a nasty payload in the red book

That said, i'm not sure there's much left for them to go after contractors once the reform hits.

Comment

Rushi for pm

Comment

Did personal allowances go up?
        The 40% band limit, the same or raised?

I didn't vote Tory to not get a tax cut bribe

Comment

No surprise that there is no mention to regulation of umbrella companies! Living in hope!

Comment

Errr.... where's all the money coming from?
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
              ER not abolished, but lifetime limit reduced to £1m
              A sensible compromise! I'm shocked.

Comment

Red Book is out:
                Budget 2020: documents - GOV.UK

IR35 reforms confirmed:
                2.178 Review of changes to the off-payroll working rules (commonly known
                as IR35) – At Budget 2018 the government announced that it would reform the off-payroll
                working rules in the private and third sectors from April 2020. The government has recently
                concluded a review of the reform, and is making a number of changes to support its smooth
                and successful implementation. The government believes it is right to address the fundamental
                unfairness of the non-compliance with the existing rules, and the reform will therefore be
                legislated in Finance Bill 2020 and implemented on 6 April 2020, as previously announced

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                  Errr.... where's all the money coming from?

Magic Money Tree/not paying off the DUPe any more.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

awww... they're "making it easier for parents of up to 500,000 school-age children to access Tax-Free Childcare."

What about those of us with 500,001 children?
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      awww... they're "making it easier for parents of up to 500,000 school-age children to access Tax-Free Childcare."

What about those of us with 500,001 children?
                      Wouldn't want any Mothers actually leaving work to care for their own children now, would we? Got to get our hands on all the PAYE.

Comment

Working...
                      X