• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BoE cuts base rate from 0.75% to 0.25%

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    My heart is not bleeding. You are in a very fortunate position.

Hard work (no inheritance/family wealth), frugal living, no (human) children, and a strong desire to make sure that if something happened to me, my wife would be able to continue on without having to sell up straight away.

The flip side of it is that we have very little saved up for pensions, etc.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
      Great news for those on a tracker mortgage I would expect.
      for me.

Just arranging a new product for one of the BTL's and additional borrowing off the main residence. Application went in to Freelance yesterday so will just wait a day or two and hey presto. Lovely shiny mortgages on a lower rate. tulip like this never falls right for me so pleased as punch for a change.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

No mortgage ether. No house come to think of it. Far rather rent during times of volatility and over inflated asset bubbles.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Just arranging a new product for one of the BTL's and additional borrowing off the main residence. Application went in to Freelance yesterday so will just wait a day or two and hey presto. Lovely shiny mortgages on a lower rate. tulip like this never falls right for me so pleased as punch for a change.

So you're taking on more debt in the midst of a debt crisis?

Good luck with that.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            So you're taking on more debt in the midst of a debt crisis?

Good luck with that.
            Nope, just using a lower rate to pay off a higher rate that isn't financially viable to change. Just using cheap money Roders.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
              The ECB won't do anything until Germany is in trouble.
              Apparently it already is... They are mutterings about another financial crash worse than 2008 because of a few old people that were already struggling with a respiratory problem have now died of a bug?

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
                Wonderful times to live in...
                If you're alive, these are wonderful times...
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Hard work (no inheritance/family wealth), frugal living, no (human) children, and a strong desire to make sure that if something happened to me, my wife would be able to continue on without having to sell up straight away.

The flip side of it is that we have very little saved up for pensions, etc.
                  Don't tell her that though. You don't want to give her any ideas...
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    for me.

Great stuff NorthernladUK

Interestingly, one major UK bank today has just announced they are increasing their fixed rates.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost It View Post
                      Apparently it already is... They are mutterings about another financial crash worse than 2008 because of a few old people that were already struggling with a respiratory problem have now died of a bug?
                      If there's one thing I've learned from brexit and corona it's that everything hangs by a thread, and we're not far away from full scale catastrophe.

If something like that can disrupt the country so much just imagine what something intentional could do.

Comment

Working...
                      X