• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

COVID19 - Contractors not permitted to Work At Home

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Use an e-sign service?
    Exactly. In my contracting career I've never had to print my timesheet and get the physical signature. Always done online.

I guess print&chase&sign is still common at smaller clients.

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
      Exactly. In my contracting career I've never had to print my timesheet and get the physical signature. Always done online.

I guess print&chase&sign is still common at smaller clients.
      Same here. Never had a paper timesheet. Quite surprised in this day, I assume everything was online.
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

A couple of small consultancies I have worked via still use a spreadsheet. However, I have PDF'd said sheet and then used the Adobe e-sign service to get it approved

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          Same here. Never had a paper timesheet. Quite surprised in this day, I assume everything was online.
          Some of us were contracting before t'internet, y'know...
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

2005 when I was working in France I had to print out time sheets every week then fax them and expenses to the agent.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              2005 when I was working in France I had to print out time sheets every week then fax them and expenses to the agent.
              There's some* fun to be had explaining fax machines to youngsters. Mine was out of the loft and waiting to go to landfill when our 11 year old niece was round, and asked what it was. By the time I had explained, she must have been wondering whether I once traveled to work on a horse and cart...

*Trust me though, not much...
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                There's some* fun to be had explaining fax machines to youngsters. Mine was out of the loft and waiting to go to landfill when our 11 year old niece was round, and asked what it was. By the time I had explained, she must have been wondering whether I once traveled to work on a horse and cart...

*Trust me though, not much...

I threw mine out in 2008. Used it quite a bit in the late 90s, but after 2006 it just gathered dust.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  I threw mine out in 2008. Used it quite a bit in the late 90s, but after 2006 it just gathered dust.
                  Mine mostly got used to send CVs to agencies. You tell the young people that, and they won't believe you...

(Works better in a Yorkshire accent).

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                    Mine mostly got used to send CVs to agencies. You tell the young people that, and they won't believe you...

(Works better in a Yorkshire accent).
                    Did you have to fell the tree and make your own paper too?

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                      Company announced at 4.30pm we are all to work from home until further notice (could be 3 months) - hi 5’s in office and pub to celebrate

Working from Cheltenham race course for next 2 days

Will keep topped up with alcohol to prevent infection

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
                      Isn't it weird how all these places tell everyone WFH isn't possible for the odd person or contractor, but suddenly it's quite possible for en masse WFH?

It's clear these companies will not have the infrastructure in place and most people probably won't have the requisite kit set up either.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X