• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

COVID19 - Contractors not permitted to Work At Home

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    after 2006 it just gathered dust.
    Like my vacuum cleaner

(Thanks to Tim Vine for that one)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Did you have to fell the tree and make your own paper too?
      Paper!? Ooh, 'ark at you, Miss fancy knickers...
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        I threw mine out in 2008. Used it quite a bit in the late 90s, but after 2006 it just gathered dust.
        To no one's surprise I've got two: the original one which used magick thermal paper and still goes, and an olivetti one that used refillable ink cartridges which is long dead, as are the cartridges by now.

The thermal one was incredibly useful when some oik put the wrong number into a fax machine at a local hospital & the only way I could shut the fecker up was to receive the fax & fax a "feck off you've got the wrong number" back.

Unfortunately it wasn't an inneresting fax that came through.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 March 2020, 18:11.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Haven't had to have a signed paper timesheets since 2011.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Yeh I think WFH is imminent at my client too.

Got a feeling client team leader will say "not for contractors". Hes got a MASSIVE chips on his shoulder already that contractors shouldn't get any "perks" that permies get so it won't be a surprise. I wont mind - no permies here and there's a nice sofa or two downstairs (And a TV) that I might kip on.

Of course, not expecting special treatment as a contractor or a right to work from home.

It public sector, as they usually do, its all "subject to your line manager" and no-one above ever gets involved. Everyone wants an easy life and won't get involved.
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
              Yeh I think WFH is imminent at my client too.

Got a feeling client team leader will say "not for contractors". Hes got a MASSIVE chips on his shoulder already that contractors shouldn't get any "perks" that permies get so it won't be a surprise.
              Is thst because has got some right tosser contractors?
              I wont mind
              I bet you will and we will hear all about it.

Of course, not expecting special treatment as a contractor or a right to work from home.
              But that won't stop you moaning and calling your client a bell end.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X