• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'Between Contracts' - Any Budget Relief?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
    Start looking for permy roles.

qh
    And hope the current outbreak is quite serious. There's no such thing as 'too many vacancies' if you're a permie...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Daley View Post
      Hi All,

My last contract finished at the end of Feb so I am looking around for my next opportunity. I used a Ltd Co and have enough money in the business account to pay me for another month but then I'm skint. Due to the impending closure of the whole country due to Corona, I'm guessing that nobody will be in offices to do interviews or be keen for new people to start so I'm not sure how long I will be out of work!

Are there any benefits that can be claimed or is there anything that can be done? Apart from signing on to the dole of course. If the Job Centres are open. Any help appreciated!

Thank you.
      Ask Psychocandy, he's very knowledgeable in this area.

Failing that, no. You're not in a permie job, your a company director working contracts that come and go. C.A.B. may be able to help.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        Ask Psychocandy, he's very knowledgeable in this area.

Failing that, no. You're not in a permie job, your a company director working contracts that come and go. C.A.B. may be able to help.
        Failing that, of course there's always Dignitas. You may have to walk there though...
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Daley View Post
          Hi All,

My last contract finished at the end of Feb so I am looking around for my next opportunity. I used a Ltd Co and have enough money in the business account to pay me for another month but then I'm skint. Due to the impending closure of the whole country due to Corona, I'm guessing that nobody will be in offices to do interviews or be keen for new people to start so I'm not sure how long I will be out of work!

Are there any benefits that can be claimed or is there anything that can be done? Apart from signing on to the dole of course. If the Job Centres are open. Any help appreciated!

Thank you.
          Do you own or rent and have children ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
            Do you own or rent and have children ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
            Are you allowed to rent children? I didn't get that memo...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
              Are you allowed to rent children? I didn't get that memo...
              Ask Madonna - think hers are on PCP though.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                Failing that, of course there's always Dignitas. You may have to walk there though...
                We've closed the borders to sick people.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Psychocandy is our in-house benefits liaison. He'll be along shortly with a menu of wheezes and family members with corresponding cover stories (for a small fee, of course).

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    We've closed the borders to sick people.
                    That sounds like a bad move. You have a potential growth industry, and you choose to kill it now? WTAF? Bad choice of words, I know already...

(I was going to say you could really clean up, but I'm guessing you were always planning to outsource that...)

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      It takes time to build up the warchest. Not everyone has been doing this for as long as you! It is a fair question IMHO especially if the government starts enforcing stay-at-home, how are you supposed to interview?
                      Everything is tickety-boo according to the pimps in my linkedin feed, we are moving to a new model of remote Skype interviews despite the economy collapsing all around us. Back in reality I'm seeing one or two going bust and putting up begging posts on linkedin. Hopefully that snow balls and sends the rest of the scum to the wall.

Comment

Working...
                      X