• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'Between Contracts' - Any Budget Relief?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    It takes time to build up the warchest. Not everyone has been doing this for as long as you! It is a fair question IMHO especially if the government starts enforcing stay-at-home, how are you supposed to interview?
    Maybe so but one month???
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
      Everything is tickety-boo according to the pimps in my linkedin feed, we are moving to a new model of remote Skype interviews despite the economy collapsing all around us. Back in reality I'm seeing one or two going bust and putting up begging posts on linkedin. Hopefully that snow balls and sends the rest of the scum to the wall.
      Bit harsh. I've met four that I liked.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        Bit harsh. I've met four that I liked.
        If HR departments did their job they shouldn't exist, they are parasites and middle men of no discernible value whatsoever. The likeability aspect is part of the job and employed by con men and serial killers for the same effect, sucking in victims.

Comment

Everything is tickety-boo according to the pimps in my linkedin feed, we are moving to a new model of remote Skype interviews despite the economy collapsing all around us. Back in reality I'm seeing one or two going bust and putting up begging posts on linkedin. Hopefully that snow balls and sends the rest of the scum to the wall.
          Sadly, I doubt the 'scum' will be the first to get it in the neck. They seem to have all the survival instincts of a cockroach. We had this very same conversation after the Y2K boom, and subsequent Armageddon. All the toe-rags survived intact then, and I suspect they will survive this as well.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

If HR departments did their job they shouldn't exist, they are parasites and middle men of no discernible value whatsoever. The likeability aspect is part of the job and employed by con men and serial killers for the same effect, sucking in victims.
            They provide an invoice factoring service, which is their best function as far as I'm concerned.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
              Do you own or rent and have children ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
              I will ignore of the stupid responses. I have been looking around for permie work too as there's not too much point in contracting until IR35 is sorted out.

I own my home and yes, I have 3 young children.

Comment

Originally posted by Daley View Post
                I will ignore of the stupid responses. I have been looking around for permie work too as there's not too much point in contracting until IR35 is sorted out.

If you were renting (with children) you would have got some benefit with rent at least

Try the universal benefit calculator

Benefits calculators - GOV.UK

Put yourself as unemployed

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Daley View Post

First one is the daftest. Don't forget to ignore that one.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Boris said small businesses can reclaim statutory sick pay for 14 days' staff isolation. Does that mean contractors are eligible?
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

If HR departments did their job they shouldn't exist, they are parasites and middle men of no discernible value whatsoever.
                      They're needed for companies of a certain size to protect the company from the employees, and directors in matters relating to workers. Since the hiring managers are directors and/or employees, they necessarily have some input into dealing with contractors. Of course, any competent* HR person would simply ensure that all contractors are outside IR35 and job done.

* I've met two competent people working in HR in thirty years.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X