• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'Between Contracts' - Any Budget Relief?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Between Contracts' - Any Budget Relief?

Hi All,

My last contract finished at the end of Feb so I am looking around for my next opportunity. I used a Ltd Co and have enough money in the business account to pay me for another month but then I'm skint. Due to the impending closure of the whole country due to Corona, I'm guessing that nobody will be in offices to do interviews or be keen for new people to start so I'm not sure how long I will be out of work!

Are there any benefits that can be claimed or is there anything that can be done? Apart from signing on to the dole of course. If the Job Centres are open. Any help appreciated!

Thank you.

Funeral costs (own) are now tax deductible.

HTH BIDI

Comment

Originally posted by Daley View Post
      Hi All,

My last contract finished at the end of Feb so I am looking around for my next opportunity. I used a Ltd Co and have enough money in the business account to pay me for another month but then I'm skint. Due to the impending closure of the whole country due to Corona, I'm guessing that nobody will be in offices to do interviews or be keen for new people to start so I'm not sure how long I will be out of work!

Are there any benefits that can be claimed or is there anything that can be done? Apart from signing on to the dole of course. If the Job Centres are open. Any help appreciated!

Thank you.
      No one on this forum would contemplate such a decision. Imagine the abuse.

qh
      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Now there's an inneresting thought, you have to visit the job-centre and prove you've been looking for work to avoid sanctions and so on. But with CV19 is that going to run into problems? Maybe they'll just bring in universal income...
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

So you expect the public purse to support you because you don't have the nouse to build a warchest of over a month in the worst period known to contracting..

Really smart...

I'd be planning for 3 to 6 months minimum if I were you...
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Funeral costs (own) are now tax deductible.

HTH BIDI
            Actually, they're not. But don't worry, we've already had a whip-round for yours. It didn't raise as much as hoped, so it will be less of a cremation, more of a barbecue...
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              So you expect the public purse to support you because you don't have the nouse to build a warchest of over a month in the worst period known to contracting..

Really smart...

I'd be planning for 3 to 6 months minimum if I were you...
              It takes time to build up the warchest. Not everyone has been doing this for as long as you! It is a fair question IMHO especially if the government starts enforcing stay-at-home, how are you supposed to interview?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Start looking for permy roles.

qh
                He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Daley View Post
                  Hi All,

Thank you.
                  I can buy your house at a 50% discount
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                    Actually, they're not. But don't worry, we've already had a whip-round for yours. It didn't raise as much as hoped, so it will be less of a cremation, more of a barbecue...
                    I didn't think this was the hog roast thread
                    Last edited by ladymuck; 12 March 2020, 19:22.

Comment

Working...
                    X