• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has anyone here actually got, or been tested for, or quarantining for Corona? STATUS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by portseven View Post
    Was in Paris last week and today discovered that one of my co-workers there has been tested positive. I also have symptoms, as do the wife and kids. It’s a lock-in at ours now, just waiting to be tested.

Plenty of bog roll to go round!
    Hopefully you'll all be in the 83% (or whatever it is) with mild symptoms. But no
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

My daughter has started coughing... she's sure she hasn't got it so is self-isolating under duress.

Not a loo-roll to be found here in the S.E.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        My daughter has started coughing... she's sure she hasn't got it so is self-isolating under duress.

Not a loo-roll to be found here in the S.E.
        Ocado had some!

I had to do an emergency order to my parents this week. To make up the £40 minimum order, they also got four bottles of wine and a packet of digestives

Comment

Wife's carer was due today but called in to say that she can't come as a close friend of hers has just been admitted to hospital with pneumonia. He is waiting for test results but means when can't go visit her carees in the next 5 days. Not an issue for us as I do 95% of carer duties, but not great for her carees who don't have family close by.

This is the only case we're aware of in our remote little village.
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            Poll probably needs reissuing every week to see the long term trend.
            I was hoping it would let you change votes but apparently not.

Someone can do the needful I'm sure.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Trouble is its too easy to panic and think you've got it.
              And theres a dilemna as a contractor too.

So, you're a permie, you take 2 weeks off on full pay, turns out to be a cold. Happy days - 14 days watching NetFlix.

Contractor. You commit to 14 days off and then its just a cold. Feck thats half your income gone for the month. There is no client out there whos going to say "go on please go home and we'll still pay you".

OK, yes coronavirus is more important that a few quid, and you should have the funds for things like this. BUT, I dont want to take 14 days off for no need.
              Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                Trouble is its too easy to panic and think you've got it.
                And theres a dilemna as a contractor too.

So, you're a permie, you take 2 weeks off on full pay, turns out to be a cold. Happy days - 14 days watching NetFlix.

Contractor. You commit to 14 days off and then its just a cold. Feck thats half your income gone for the month. There is no client out there whos going to say "go on please go home and we'll still pay you".

OK, yes coronavirus is more important that a few quid, and you should have the funds for things like this. BUT, I dont want to take 14 days off for no need.
                Can you not WFH?

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  Can you not WFH?
                  Not every client has this facility of course even for permies.

Also, what about Restricted and Secret classified stuff....
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Try not to leave it on the train.
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Who doesn't work for a company that has 'restricted' or 'secret' data? Last contract was for a FinSec Co., I was 100% WFH via their VPN. 50% of their company had the ability and frequently WFH (only their help desk and admin staff did not).

Currently working for a software/consultancy Co. I'm 100% WFH. I work on their client's projects, and so VPN into their client's systems. The clients are a mix from many sectors. I have full access to their Financial systems.

How much more restricted and secret does it need to be before you can't work from home?

Comment

Working...
                      X