• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has anyone here actually got, or been tested for, or quarantining for Corona? STATUS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone here actually got, or been tested for, or quarantining for Corona? STATUS

A lot of contractors work in London or other hubs in the UK and EU, so must be a fairly at-risk group for coming into contact with CV19.

I probably missed it if anyone mentioned they had been tested or whatever but here's a poll we can use as a tracker.
    I have been diagnosed with it
    0.00%
    I've been tested
    0.00%
    I've reasonable grounds to suspect, and have isolated myself
    2.78%
    A friend or direct contact has it
    5.56%
    I am fine thanks
    69.44%
    AndyW brought Covid-19 to Wuhan.
    22.22%
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

All good here, but both my local hospitals have had people die from it so that's nice.

Comment

A friend is considering whether to isolate, or if he's just being silly with the start of a cold. Not sure what the official advice is since it's so rare oop north still. No panic buying here yet.

Comment

Not yet but two people started coughing when I was walking past them in the supermarket. There has been some panic buying round here now, a number of shelves more empty than usual and the bog paper shelf had a notice of restricted sales.

Hopefully a temporary thing. If most, more sensible, people are only stocking up in case they have to self isolate for two weeks that's only twice their usual weekly shop. Probably a few loonies preparing for armageddon I suppose.

PS This poor bloke must have had the runs really bad!

Coronavirus UK: Stockpiling driver fined as van a TON overweight | Daily Mail Online
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I am thinking it's getting to the point doing some limited emergency stores might be wise, BEFORE everyone else does.
          I do not see things like water and power being affected in the UK - no generator or water purifier needed! But the UK doesn't hold long-term food stocks and if we are told not to travel the shops are going to be a nightmare... first panic buying then rationing and forced to walk round one at a time etc ugh

Comment

Poll probably needs reissuing every week to see the long term trend.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              Poll probably needs reissuing every week to see the long term trend.
              We need to test daily...

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                Not yet but two people started coughing when I was walking past them in the supermarket. There has been some panic buying round here now, a number of shelves more empty than usual and the bog paper shelf had a notice of restricted sales.

Hopefully a temporary thing. If most, more sensible, people are only stocking up in case they have to self isolate for two weeks that's only twice their usual weekly shop. Probably a few loonies preparing for armageddon I suppose.

PS This poor bloke must have had the runs really bad!

Coronavirus UK: Stockpiling driver fined as van a TON overweight | Daily Mail Online
                I don't get why people are stockpiling toilet roll. Are they expecting to have explosive diarrhoea every day for the foreseeable future??
                If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

I don't get why people are stockpiling toilet roll
                  Daft. Maybe, give the stock market crash, it's the valuable commodity we should all be buying up, better than gold.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Was in Paris last week and today discovered that one of my co-workers there has been tested positive. I also have symptoms, as do the wife and kids. It’s a lock-in at ours now, just waiting to be tested.

Plenty of bog roll to go round!
                    Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Working...
                    X