• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Such. Strong. Leadership

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
    Video
    Damn, beat me to it
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I like that our government isn't giving in to fearmongering. There isn't evidence that closing schools or banning mass gatherings does much good
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Last edited by d000hg; 13 March 2020, 11:04.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          I like that our government isn't giving in to fearmongering. There isn't evidence that closing schools or banning mass gatherings does much good
          Hear hear. I thought they did a decent job of explaining it yesterday. Time will tell if they know what they are talking out but it made sense to me. They basically said the virus has to go through the population as we have no immunity.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
            Hear hear. I thought they did a decent job of explaining it yesterday. Time will tell if they know what they are talking out but it made sense to me. They basically said the virus has to go through the population as we have no immunity.
            Or "capitulation" as it is otherwise known.

That's an awful lot of deaths. Real people abandoned by their Government.
            ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
            Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              Switzerland has banned mass gathering. Anything over 1000 is banned, anything over 150 needs government approval.
              Sporting events are cancelled.
              But only non-compulsory school is closing. Primary and secondary schools will remain open. In Italy, they closed the schools. So, while the parents were working, the grandparents looked after the kids. That didn't work out so well.
              My kids' college is switching to remote learning - lectures, tutorials all done over t'internet. The local international schools have already adopted that approach.
              The most radical action though, is people no longer shake hands on meeting.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Mixed evidence to say mass gatherings pose a risk..

https://assets.publishing.service.go...nce_Review.pdf

Comment

The official policy is for at least 60% of the population to catch it and gain "herd immunity" before winter. That's 39.9m+ people in the UK.
                  The WHO estimate a 3.4% mortality rate. If we're lucky and it's a 1% mortality rate, then it's still nearly 400,000 dead.

Comment

Originally posted by merseygrit View Post
                    The official policy is for at least 60% of the population to catch it and gain "herd immunity" before winter. That's 39.9m+ people in the UK.
                    The WHO estimate a 3.4% mortality rate. If we're lucky and it's a 1% mortality rate, then it's still nearly 400,000 dead.
                    400K dead yes indeed best case

A few months time the chef medical office will be in jail, along with that other egg head for killing so many people with tulip advice - each blaming Dominic commings for the policy

On the plus side that’s 4 trillion windfall into the government’s coffers from extra death taxes

Can’t believe our plan is to kill so many people

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                      400K dead yes indeed best case

A few months time the chef medical office will be in jail, along with that other egg head for killing so many people with tulip advice - each blaming Dominic commings for the policy

On the plus side that’s 4 trillion windfall into the government’s coffers from extra death taxes

Can’t believe our plan is to kill so many people

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
                      So come up with a better plan.

The attempts to make the coronavirus extinct aren't going to work (it's out there being spread around) - all that is left is handling the consequences of it which really means minimising the number of people seriously ill with it at one time to numbers the NHS can cope with.
                      Last edited by eek; 13 March 2020, 12:02.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X