• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Crypto double blow

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Money = a current medium of exchange

that's anything anyone wants it to be, and that's becoming less and less the dollar. Russia, China, they've both reduced their exposure to it over the last 10 years
    Government guarantees to take payments in fiat.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Also you've got to stop thinking it's just Bitcoin.

'DeFi or decentralised finance' + smart contracts that require no trust will be the talk of the town going forward. I'm talking about Ethereum. It may actually knock off Bitcoin #1 position in the coming years.

Consider this, using BlockFi | Earn Crypto Interest | Trade Crypto | Get Crypto Backed Loans you can earn 8.6% annual interest on your stable coin, whether that be pegged to dollar, euro.

One day the penny will drop.

oops...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63786201
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Anyone want to buy a bag of bitcoins?

Click image for larger version

Name:	il_570xN.3508772207_7vvo.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	4244163
        First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Well these finally look like a good value!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Well these finally look like a good value!
            It is amusing though

Click image for larger version

Name:	72h899.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	4244283

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

$16k may appear "cheap" but it could get a whole lot cheaper before this bear market finally bottoms out.

I have my own idea of what I'd be looking for as a sign that the bear market is probably coming to an end but it involves a squiggly line on a chart so
              Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

I’ll consider buying when it reaches the level when I last seriously considered buying it - 3 bucks per main tulipcoin

Comment

Serious question (I know, wrong forum) ... but how easy is it to buy crypto now, given that UK banks seem to be stopping the ill advised customers to process a payment?

Is there some fandangled process you have to go through?
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    I’ll consider buying when it reaches the level when I last seriously considered buying it - 3 bucks per main tulipcoin
                    I considered mining it ten years ago, but thought better of it

I wouldn't actually spend real money on cretin coins, though (which includes mining it now, given the energy costs).

They are basically akin to gambling, minus any security with your stake or negative winnings.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                      Serious question (I know, wrong forum) ... but how easy is it to buy crypto now, given that UK banks seem to be stopping the ill advised customers to process a payment?

Is there some fandangled process you have to go through?
                      You can probably do it easily enough using companies like Revolut (I would highly not recommend them ). That said, I don't think the retail banks have really "blocked" payments as such (despite what the headlines say), it's more like they've changed their risk algorithms and limited amounts etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X