• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ACE inhibitors DOOM

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is currently uncertain that the virus bestows immunity to reinfection if you survive it.

If we're really lucky it'll turn out to be like norovirus where immunity lasts for a year if you're lucky.

Maybe that explains the toilet roll fetish, it's a precog time echo from the future.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      So did I get it right - those who use medicine to reduce blood pressure are putting themselves at risk due to the way medicine works?
      Calcium channel blockers do not involve the ACE receptors. Also obviously not using medicine to reduce blood pressure puts you at much greater risk.
      "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        It is currently uncertain that the virus bestows immunity to reinfection if you survive it.
        BJ's virus protection policy rests on the fact that once you catch this virus you become immune but there has been cases in china where people were reinfected and also in many cases there was lung and kidney damage

Comment

I am on Ramipril and recenty started Indapamide as well. Looks like I am fooked!!
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            I am on Ramipril and recenty started Indapamide as well. Looks like I am fooked!!
            Wash your bloody hands...

(Though self isolation would probably be better.)
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

My doctor phoned me and has said there is no real evidence of it being an issue, but just in case, I'm to stop taking it. If my bp goes up too much, then I'm to take an alternative calcium based thingy. He's mailing me the prescription.

He also said that in the ICU journal of Germany, the latest data shows that everyone with high blood pressure who is in ICU due to Covid-19 has other health problems as well. My only health issue is the bp.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

COVID-19 Q&A: should I be worried if I take ACE inhibitor drugs for high blood pressure?

Comment

"I Will Survive..."
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

15 years of Lisinopril for me

Comment

I've been watching this YouTube series update for a while now
                      Pretty good at explaining what's going on & deep enough to include molecular level stuff too (actually up to update 40 now which cover NSAIDs and whether you should continue taking)

YouTube

HTH

Comment

Working...
                      X