• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Holiday DOOM

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holiday DOOM

Going away to France and Spain in June, will it be over by then?

Spain declares state of emergency after 1,063 coronavirus cases in a day - tourist warning | UK | News | Express.co.uk

Can't believe I put the deposit down two weeks ago.

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    Going away to France and Spain in June, will it be over by then?

Spain declares state of emergency after 1,063 coronavirus cases in a day - tourist warning | UK | News | Express.co.uk

Can't believe I put the deposit down two weeks ago.
    Never mind your summer holiday. My last 2 weeks skiing of the season are now cancelled.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
      Never mind your summer holiday. My last 2 weeks skiing of the season are now cancelled.
      oh no, its all downhill from here, so to speak.

Comment

I'm supposed to be going to Tirana for the weekend next Thursday. Not cancelled yet. I suspect BA need the money so won't bin us off unless the Albanian government go into lock down.

Then Singapore / Malaysia in June. Just flights booked so far. Holding off on hotels until the end of April.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          I'm supposed to be going to Tirana for the weekend next Thursday. Not cancelled yet. I suspect BA need the money so won't bin us off unless the Albanian government go into lock down.

Then Singapore / Malaysia in June. Just flights booked so far. Holding off on hotels until the end of April.
          We are driving so wont lose anything on travel. Did put 1k deposit down for a villa and direct, hopefully the owners will be flexible.

Comment

We were coming to the UK for my mum's 80th. Cancelled now. Just hoping Easyjet cancel our flights so I can get the money back.

Israel booked for end of June.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
              We are driving so wont lose anything on travel. Did put 1k deposit down for a villa and direct, hopefully the owners will be flexible.
              You’ll only get it back if there is high demand for villas (ie it’s perceived to be safe)

Comment

Garmisch classic ski remains opened - only a short drive away
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I have no money to go anywhere.

My ex-wives have had to cancel loads...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    You’ll only get it back if there is high demand for villas (ie it’s perceived to be safe)
                    Villa people said have a week until before the holiday to cancel. Fully understand whats going on and want to do the right thing.

Nice people.

Comment

Working...
                    X