• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coronavirus (Covid 19)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    While the rest of world is going for social distancing and isolation, Britain has bravely decided to be the control group, in the form a massive "chicken pox" party. In this way, we can determine whether social distancing etc. actually has any effect.

It's just good scientific practice.
    The government are saying one thing, people and businesses are doing another.

Also which science? There are a few of them...
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      This was just shared by an Italian colleague of an Ambulance driver I know here in Munich.
      Ah, but we are working on the 'herd immunity' - we've got permission to all of those things. It's all about the science don'tyaknow…
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Sometimes I think
        Yes. If only you could keep the gaps between instances down to minutes as opposed to your default of months.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

"Herd immunity" It's just spin to try to convince people something positive can come of it.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            Ah, but we are working on the 'herd immunity' - we've got permission to all of those things. It's all about the science don'tyaknow…
            That's bollocks they are using the data set they got in 2018 to do their modelling hence the repeat message of wash your hands. Unfortunately it relies on people doing it properly and as I personally saw before I decided to WFH 100% that people just bloody won't.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

From one of our Italian team

Hey everyone ???,
              I thought id write as maybe you can all learn from our mistakes here in Italy.
              <snip>
              I imagine you all know all of this already anyway, but so did everyone here in Italy, and now look at how it spread!

Hope everyone is well, and hope to see you all soon once this situation has settled
              This was just shared by an Italian colleague of an Ambulance driver I know here in Munich.
              This has been shared quite a bit on Facebook .... all claiming different sources ...... it's fake.
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by AB1 View Post
                I see it everyday. Kids playing out with each other etc. as if nothing is going on. My guess is that many people won't start taking it seriously till they're directly affected or it's too late. I've heard that it's just a matter of time before England ends up like Italy.
                Not trying to be a fear monger, but in this case, ignorance isn't bliss either.
                Just to be aware, I’m keeping an eye on the OP.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

geezer down the pub's got a swiss auntie with an austrian lover, who's dutch cousin reckons it's all bolloks.

hth

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    This has been shared quite a bit on Facebook .... all claiming different sources ...... it's fake.
                    Regardless of the source, I wouldn't be surprised if the woman's story is real and that's the point. Look at Italy now. that's a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      geezer down the pub's got a swiss auntie with an austrian lover, who's dutch cousin reckons it's all bolloks.

hth

Sounds as legit as most of the bollox posted about this virus
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X