• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coronavirus (Covid 19)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Closed cases numbers don't look good I agree. Presumably the numbers will improve based on 99% currently categorised as "mild"

You'd hope so.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      Coronavirus: Knottingley food bank closes after raid - BBC News

these scumbags should be double tapped FFS.

feckin yorkshire.

sh1thole full of sh1t.
      Its the same in all the old pit villages surrounding Pontefract, where I grew up and left asap.
      But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

We are doomed

My mother died yesterday.

They just told me they've put it down to Covid 19.

They tested her right? She's died. She was in a care home.

NO THEY DIDN'T TEST HER !!!!!!

The symptoms were not consistent with Covid 19. She got poorly the previous night and slipped away the following afternoon. The matron thinks it was sepsis.

What the hell is going on in this god-forsaken country !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

My condolences.

After a 2 hours wait for 111 on Tuesday (following a 1 hour wait the night before until I had to tend to my sick wife) was told that they are not doing testing any more and to ring my GP if I had concerns.

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post

The symptoms were not consistent with Covid 19. She got poorly the previous night and slipped away the following afternoon. The matron thinks it was sepsis.

Commiserations

Comment

So sorry for your loss. Glad she passed peacefully, which is a blessing.

Its been standard for years to misreport deaths. My mother died over 30 years ago from Cancer after years of fighting. On the death certificate they put heart attack not multiple organ failure caused by cancer. They wonder why they learn nothing from statistics.

Nowadays they would probably mention she had smoked a cigarette or drank a glass of Cinzano so that was the cause of death.

Sepsis of course exposes the nursing home to litigation so they aren't going to admit that.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Comment

Sorry for your lose

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Sorry to hear that.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      Its been standard for years to misreport deaths.
                      But we are now in the worst crisis in my lifetime and they are all in a complete shambles!!

Read this (long read) Coronavirus: The Hammer and the Dance - Tomas Pueyo - Medium

The bottom line is we have to test, test, test and close the disease down ruthlessly. We're going to be worse than Italy as things stand.
                      "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X