• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coronavirus (Covid 19)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
      But we are now in the worst crisis in my lifetime and they are all in a complete shambles!!

Read this (long read) Coronavirus: The Hammer and the Dance - Tomas Pueyo - Medium

The bottom line is we have to test, test, test and close the disease down ruthlessly. We're going to be worse than Italy as things stand.

agree completely.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        Coronavirus: Knottingley food bank closes after raid - BBC News

these scumbags should be double tapped FFS.

feckin yorkshire.

sh1thole full of sh1t.
        And in the rest of the country: Police issue warning about coronavirus scamming gangs offering people bogus tests on doorstep | Daily Mail Online

Officers in London have issued an alert over a doorstep scam where thieves are posing as virus testers to gain access to people’s homes.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Who lives who dies

Coronavirus: NHS doctors to be given guidelines to help decide which victims should live or die

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
            But we are now in the worst crisis in my lifetime and they are all in a complete shambles!!

Read this (long read) Coronavirus: The Hammer and the Dance - Tomas Pueyo - Medium

The bottom line is we have to test, test, test and close the disease down ruthlessly. We're going to be worse than Italy as things stand.
            I don't agree.

Because: Family units, the way Italians are family orientated, the way they greet each other and live in each others personal space is what I believe has created most of the problem they have.
            Family units as in Grand Parents live close to Great Grandparents who live next door to Parents who have their grandparents look after the children kind of society, where the children tend to stay living with the older generations.

The French are kind of in the same boat.

You live that close together and anyone getting it will quickly spread it, and by default the elderly have immune systems that are already battling all kinds of ailments? Such as heart conditions, obesity, arthritis, blood pressure, cancer, all things that make them much more susceptible to a new bug.

Whereas over in Britain, you are lucky if you get a handshake... If you are unlucky you get a head butt.

Testing helps, but it isn't the absolute answer. Managing the way the virus spreads, the way it's being done over here is something no other country has tried. I guess we have to wait and see if it proves to be the sensible strategy. Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              And in the rest of the country: Police issue warning about coronavirus scamming gangs offering people bogus tests on doorstep | Daily Mail Online

Officers in London have issued an alert over a doorstep scam where thieves are posing as virus testers to gain access to people’s homes.
              Should be a special place in the prisons for these people when they catch them.

Comment

A lot of unsourced information here: They’re building a massive lasagne’: man behind WhatsApp virus spoof revealed | Technology | The Guardian
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

20,000 new jobs at Sainsbury's. 3k new ones at Morrisons.

This virus was just the stimulus the economy needed.

People still hoard-buying, dickheads.

qh
                  He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
                    20,000 new jobs at Sainsbury's. 3k new ones at Morrisons.

This virus was just the stimulus the economy needed.

People still hoard-buying, dickheads.

qh
                    Should post links to pictures but some will make people needlessly angry but the supermarkets allowed this to happen.

You don't allow people to fill up trolleys with 30 cans of baby formula or 12 18-packs of toilet roll. I've actually seen random store managers stop it in normal situations where I am but it's clear not all bother.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X