• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coronavirus (Covid 19)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    stack yourself some oxygen in the home if you can -
    it will be no use.If you get to the stage where you need oxygen , you will better be at the hospital.
    Apparently you will have to be induced in a coma, paralyze the lung muscles and mechanical ventilators will blow oxygen in and out of the lungs like a balloon while you lay there face down like a puppet. :-)

Comment

Okay.

Stay at home. Get yerself some shotgun shells!
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        We always book online shopping via Sainsbury's... Tried to book a delivery today, and no slots for 3 weeks.
        Same here.
        Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Ocado website and app are both in meltdown.

The Sainsbury's up the road has never seen so many people pass through its doors.

Haven't tried the bug Tesco yet. Well, I say I. My butler goes and does the needful.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Ocado website and app are both in meltdown.

The Sainsbury's up the road has never seen so many people pass through its doors.

Haven't tried the bug Tesco yet. Well, I say I. My butler goes and does the needful.
            Ocado are only allowing existing customers to place orders.
            I had to wait in a 15 min queue yesterday just to use their website.

Comment

After seeing free Ocado slots start to drift last week I managed to bag a weekly reserved slot although there’s still no guarantee as I’m seeing a lot of people had their deliveries cancelled last minute today.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
                Ocado are only allowing existing customers to place orders.
                I had to wait in a 15 min queue yesterday just to use their website.
                Ah good to know. I tried once or twice over the weekend but didn't really have a need to place an order but I do like to chuck things in my basket as I think of them.

Friends of mine said they have a few future orders set up from before the world when mad but couldn't edit them. Maybe that will soon be possible again.

Comment

Went to sainsburys on friday. This old guy gets to top of the travelator thing, I am at the top of the stairs. He then proceeds to sneeze very loudly without doing it into his elbow or a tissue. I swore loudly in his direction. I then kept on seeing him coming towards me in each isle so I would do an about turn and mutter profanities.

Plenty of bare shelves but I got most things, dry goods etc.

Went to Asda on sat expecting worse but actually they had far more stuff, fresh meat, pasta. I even got some kitchen roll. Ordered some flour online last night so I can make my own pasta. Down to six loo rolls, so may venture out to find some.

Unprecedented times we are living in.

qh
                  He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Well BGG & I have both been sent home to WFH as we are on the "at risk" list. At least we can both WFH!

I do feel for those who are on 0 hour contracts, SSP etc.
                    Growing old is mandatory
                    Growing up is optional

Comment

The garden center was heaving this morning....
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X