• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coronavirus (Covid 19)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
    Went to sainsburys on friday. This old guy gets to top of the travelator thing, I am at the top of the stairs. He then proceeds to sneeze very loudly without doing it into his elbow or a tissue. I swore loudly in his direction. I then kept on seeing him coming towards me in each isle so I would do an about turn and mutter profanities.

Plenty of bare shelves but I got most things, dry goods etc.

Went to Asda on sat expecting worse but actually they had far more stuff, fresh meat, pasta. I even got some kitchen roll. Ordered some flour online last night so I can make my own pasta. Down to six loo rolls, so may venture out to find some.

Unprecedented times we are living in.

qh
    Coughing is more of a problem than sneezing.

Comment

Comment

Went to Poundland (I had my man go in for me!) and they have loo rolls x 6 for, you guessed it....

Only two per customer. And Deb on tills was checking!

qh
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Daily Mail:

The EU is said to be preparing to prohibit all but essential travel into the 26-country Schengen free-travel area by people from so-called 'third countries' outside the bloc. This including Britons who lost their EU citizenship at the beginning of January.
          The EU:

"UK citizens are European citizens so there are no restrictions on UK citizens to travel to the continent."
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Just find an airline, ferry or any other form of public transport that will take you.
            Although I believe the Chunnel is still taking money from travellers?

Comment

Just had an all capitals text from the NHS.

"DO NOT COME INTO THE SURGERY TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT. Please call us instead"

Comment

Here immunity now bollocks as someone in Japan gets it twice

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post

If 99% got immunity it’s good enough, but better to achieve it via tested vaccine, just like flu people can get it more than once ...

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post

Fake news, Ivan. Did a Woman Get Coronavirus Twice? Scientists Are Skeptical | WIRED
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      It's not fake news.

I didn't read the whole article but from what I did read, the conclusion is that 'they don't know.' She may have been reinfected or there "may" be other possibilities.

This is just an example that reinforces my opinion that this government do not (yet) know enough about this virus to be allowing it to spread; for the sake of the development of (a hopeful) "herd immunity."
                      Last edited by AB1; 16 March 2020, 19:29.

Comment

Working...
                      X