• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coronavirus (Covid 19)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AB1 View Post
    YouTube (Up to 4:22)

Further evidence that the government is allowing, even encouraging, the spread of this Coronavirus, in order to work towards herd immunity. However subtly they are trying to go about it (possibly to avoid causing further panic).

It takes around six weeks for this virus to clear out of persons system. People only quarantining for 2 weeks will therefore still have the virus and after leaving quarantine, will spread it further. These, will apparently, be the guinea pigs used for the building of herd immunity while resources (e.g. testing kits and NHS staff etc.) are reserved for severe cases. Smart move if it works. Potentially catastrophic if it doesn't, as the WHO have suggested tests, tests, test, be carried out in order for each nation to know what it is they're dealing with. If this governments plan to build herd immunity fails, with this lack of testing, it would be left in a position of having no idea what it is dealing with.
    They have to get enough of us infected before closing everything down. It's an intricate balancing act.

The chief medical advisor has said :

Limiting deaths to 20,000 would be a win (this means over 2 million infections at 3% cmr)
    We should see infection rates fall after 2-3 weeks.

Extrapolate out and you have the end of the week UK PLC is closed for 2 weeks.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

In Germany they are preparing for the crisis by stocking up with sausage and cheese.

That's for the Wurst Käse scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        Thank goodness we have a thriving flexible workforce to see us through these uncertain times.

Oh, wait ....

Hello Suity, long time no see

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
        In Germany they are preparing for the crisis by stocking up with sausage and cheese.

That's for the Wurst Käse scenario.
        Growing old is mandatory
        Growing up is optional

Comment

How many of those who are now complaining about this Tory government, voted for them at the last GE?

I didn't vote for them, and think Boris is a tossa, but hey ho, the people spoke so the people can reap it's rewards
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

stay away from public toilets
            Singapore Coronavirus Study Shows That Virus Lingers In Rooms And Toilets - Thailand Medical News

it maybe too complicated to have a vaccine for this virus. it attacks human cells using 3 receptors -ACE2,furin and GRP78 receptors , thats why its highly infectious
            https://www.thailandmedical.news/new...gue-of-its-own

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
              Singapore Coronavirus Study Shows That Virus Lingers In Rooms And Toilets - Thailand Medical News

it maybe too complicated to have a vaccine for this virus. it attacks human cells using 3 receptors -ACE2,furin and GRP78 receptors , thats why its highly infectious
              https://www.thailandmedical.news/new...gue-of-its-own
              Originally posted by Andy2

BREAKING! Preprint Research Shows That SARS-CoV-2 Has Third Binding Mode, Making It A Truly Potent Coronavirus That Is In A League Of Its Own - Thailand Medical News
              The echo is back.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
                Hello Suity, long time no see

[emoji23]igmc:
                Hiya

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  How many of those who are now complaining about this Tory government, voted for them at the last GE? I didn't vote for them, and think Boris is a tossa, but hey ho, the people spoke so the people can reap it's rewards
                  It's not mutually exclusive to vote for somebody and complain - in fact it's necessary even when not being in a bent 2 party system like the one still present in UK.

People who actually love the politicians or the Govt they helped elected need to get a few visits to a psychiatrist ASAP.

Comment

I wonder if there is a proper research paper to this:
                    What we scientists have discovered about how each age group spreads Covid-19 | Petra Klepac | Opinion | The Guardian

Summary of article:
                    The number and type of social contact people have spreads diseases like flu. Depending on your age your social contact differs. Those who are in the age group 20-25 have their main social contact in the workplace, there as those 65+ have it mostly in shops, restaurants and leisure centres.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by AB1 View Post
                      It takes around six weeks for this virus to clear out of persons system.
                      Any evidence for that, or are you just making it up, or something your read on soshul medjah?
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X