• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coronavirus (Covid 19)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just ban him already - his opinion differs from mine.

Comment

Originally posted by AB1 View Post
      I came across an article on my phone ."
      Stop right there mister, stop right there

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Just ban him already - his opinion differs from mine.
        On squirrel worrying, fairness of tax, crashing cars into walls or living over a kebab shop?

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          My mate Tony down the pub told me that
          I was in the pub with Tony last night!
          "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Coronavirus: Vanessa Hudgens sorry for 'people are going to die' comments - BBC News

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              Unless you're a brain dead Instagram influencer: https://www.miamiherald.com/miami-co...241270296.html

the people you follow ....
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
                I was in the pub with Tony last night!
                He's always down there .... the pub might be closed, but he'll still be in there with his pint and pack of pork scratchings
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  He's always down there .... the pub might be closed, but he'll still be in there with his pint and pack of pork scratchings
                  Mmm...pork scratchings...

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Any evidence for that, or are you just making it up, or something your read on soshul medjah?
                    No evidence for that no. I've been following this closely since the outbreak in Wohun and like cojak said, I'm "full of fecking articles."

While following the stories in China (January-February) they frequently spoke of recovery periods of roughly 6 weeks. Two tests also had (have) to be carried out, two days apart from each other and come back with a clear (negative) result, before those who had been infected were declared as clear (I believe that's how the test's of those infected was done in China, but don't hold me to that. That may be how it's being done in Europe). It is only since it has spread over here to the UK that I've been hearing and reading about 1-2 week quarantines, also with no tests required afterwards. As long as someone who has/had contracted the virus "feels better" after their quarantine period, that is enough for them to leave their quarantine and return to work, for instance.
                    As I stated in OP, I believe that this is being done (advised by the government) so that the virus is spread at a controlled pace with the aim of building "herd immunity," while those with severe symptoms remain protected as best as possible, by calling 111, according to government guidelines.

No, I don't have any concrete evidence about how long it takes to recover from the virus. I am simply going based on what I frequently read before it arrived here. I'm sure there's plenty that can be found on it on the net. Each to their own on what information they take on.
                    Last edited by AB1; 18 March 2020, 13:27.

Comment

Originally posted by AB1 View Post
                      No evidence for that no. I've been following this closely since the outbreak in Wohun and like cojak said, I'm "full of fecking articles."

While following the stories in China (January-February) the stories frequently spoke of recovery periods of roughly 6 weeks. Two tests also had (have) to be carried out, two days apart from each other and come back with a clear (negative) result, before those who had been infected were declared as clear (I believe that's how the test's of those infected was done in China, but don't hold me to that). It is only since it has spread over here to the UK that I've been hearing and reading about 1-2 week quarantines, also with no tests required afterwards. As long as someone who has/had contracted the virus "feels better" after their quarantine period, that is enough for them to leave their quarantine and return to work, for instance.
                      As I stated in OP, I believe that this is being done (advised by the government) so that the virus is spread at a controlled pace with the aim of building "herd immunity," while those with severe symptoms remain protected as best as possible, by calling 111, according to government guidelines.

No, I don't have any concrete evidence about how long it takes to recover from the virus. I am simply going based on what I frequently read before it arrived here. I'm sure there's plenty that can be found on it on the net. Each to their own on what information they take on.
                      So, what you're saying is, this is just your uneducated, non-professional, no medical background, no direct 1st hand contact, view based on something you read online?

Yeah, sounds like you know what you're talking about
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X