• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coronavirus (Covid 19)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    Coronavirus: Knottingley food bank closes after raid - BBC News

these scumbags should be double tapped FFS.

feckin yorkshire.

sh1thole full of sh1t.
    I heard that place is a feckin sh1thole full a sh1t, I tell ya!

Comment

hmm its Cooper-Balls's constituency. So yes I expect it to be a Trump-hole.

Foodbanks normally have some sort of deal with supermarkets and buy direct/swap goods from donations. You donate something that the foodbank doesn't need anymore (e.g. they have too much dog food) the supermarket lets them swap it at face value for something else and many supermarkets donate 20-30% on top of goods donated. I doubt they would put blocks like this in place.

Give the big 3 their due they support food banks quite well.

Lets hope the police find these scumbags.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I'd imagine if they tried to sell stuff like this in pubs they would finish up very badly hurt. If you have ever met a true Yorkie they are down to earth, friendly and will give you the food off their table if you needed it more than them.

So whoever these thieves are, I kind of doubt they are Yorkshiremen.

Comment

Globally, the "Closed Cases" rate is 90% discharged, 10% dead.

UK closed cases rate is 31% discharged, 69% dead.

In layman's terms: If you're in other countries and are diagnosed, you've got a very good chance of surviving, if you're in the UK and are diagnosed, you've got a high chance of dying.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

if you're in the UK you've 100% guarantee of death, it’s just a question when.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Globally, the "Closed Cases" rate is 90% discharged, 10% dead.

UK closed cases rate is 31% discharged, 69% dead.

In layman's terms: If you're in other countries and are diagnosed, you've got a very good chance of surviving, if you're in the UK and are diagnosed, you've got a high chance of dying.
              Frightening. Where are you getting those numbers from?

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                Frightening. Where are you getting those numbers from?
                Coronavirus Update (Live): 250,618 Cases and 10,255 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Outbreak - Worldometer

United Kingdom Coronavirus: 3,269 Cases and 144 Deaths - Worldometer
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Closed cases numbers don't look good I agree. Presumably the numbers will improve based on 99% currently categorised as "mild"

Comment

Interesting.

Maybe if the UK did loads of tests in rural areas we may even the numbers out a bit...

Generally seems you only get tested in the UK if you think you have it or show symptoms.

However the overall testing in the first figures includes random testing of people who show no symptoms.

Comment

And 144 of 3269 is like 4.4%

So like 4.4% dead and therefore the rest discharged.

Or have I missed the point?

Comment

Working...
                      X