• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coronavirus (Covid 19)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I hereby rename GJABS as RGOAAT.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Should post links to pictures but some will make people needlessly angry but the supermarkets allowed this to happen.

You don't allow people to fill up trolleys with 30 cans of baby formula or 12 18-packs of toilet roll. I've actually seen random store managers stop it in normal situations where I am but it's clear not all bother.
      I've seen signs on quite a few supermarkets here stating that one pack of toilet rolls is normal and then is incremented by €5 per extra pack and the extra is being donated towards charities helping out with the coronavirus outbreak
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        I've seen signs on quite a few supermarkets here stating that one pack of toilet rolls is normal and then is incremented by €5 per extra pack and the extra is being donated towards charities helping out with the coronavirus outbreak
        You are in country where supermarkets put in sensible guidelines.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Lost It View Post
          Testing helps, but it isn't the absolute answer. Managing the way the virus spreads, the way it's being done over here is something no other country has tried. I guess we have to wait and see if it proves to be the sensible strategy. Time will tell.
          Managing what and how? there is no way to manage this other than locking people down. No one is trying what the UK is doing cause it's criminal, they are delaying vital decisions as if something else then elsewhere might happen or as if the NHS is the absolute world's best with endless supply of ICU beds and PPE. UK is being reactive rather than looking at what is happening elsewhere and applying measures earlier to try and slow the spread down and be one step ahead. It's the best position to be in as you have other countries already ahead with uber tulipstorms on their hands, it's like having the power of hindsight, but the UK is pissing it all away but being indecisive.

As for supermarkets and stores in general in the UK it's ridiculous, loads of shops in other countries now have rules about queuing 1-2m away from each other, only allowing a set amount of people in, allowing single people into pharmacies etc. staff wear gloves / masks, sit behind plastic screens on tills etc. absolutely bugger all in here and on top of this people keep panic buying like morons

Comment

Italy 793 Covid19 deaths in the last 24hrs

Coming to a capital city near you very quickly....

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
            http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

My local supermarket is limiting customers to 100. You queue outside. The places to stand, 2m apart, are marked. At the front of queue you take a numbered ticket, disinfect your hands and enter the shop. On the way out, you hand the ticket back and disinfect your hands. People are being, generally, very respectful of distance.

Still no bog roll.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                My local supermarket[...]
                Where is this out of curiosity?

Comment

Originally posted by dsc View Post
                  Where is this out of curiosity?
                  Near Basel. North West Switzerland.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                    Italy 793 Covid19 deaths in the last 24hrs

Coming to a capital city near you very quickly....

Based on current rates of infection, we are max two weeks behind Italy in terms of infections and deaths.

Comment

Italy's not yet in their peak right?

Comment

Working...
                      X