• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working from home as a contractor during a pandemic

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working from home as a contractor during a pandemic

My current client(inside IR35 via umbrella) are still reviewing their policy of no contractor working remotely.

That’s big of them. Let’s hope I don’t get a cough in the next few weeks whilst they procrastinate, else its self-quarintine for me on no pay. Meanwhile, half the permies are coughing their guts out all over me >.<.

Dark times.

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
    My current client(inside IR35 via umbrella) are still reviewing their policy of no contractor working remotely.

That’s big of them. Let’s hope I don’t get a cough in the next few weeks whilst they procrastinate, else its self-quarintine for me on no pay. Meanwhile, half the permies are coughing their guts out all over me >.<.

Dark times.
    Can I borrow £20 - you seem a gonner

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
      Can I borrow £20 - you seem a gonner

Sure.

Got to warn you though, due to the toilet roll shortage, I’m using notes to sneeze on, and then wipe my bottom.

Drop me your address

Comment

My client has made home working mandatory for all workers, except those critical to the business. That'll be until 4th April. To start with.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Dark times.
          If you are inside IR35 you are part and parcel of the organisation so they should not treat you differently from the permies.

oh sorry I forgot that inside IR35 means "no mans land"
          This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

I started a project last year and there was a short break until now so have to go onsite Wednesday until end of April for around 2 days a week. All hotels are booked but the German government have just announced that restaurants all need to shut at 18:00 now (where I'm going also has the most cases so they're even stricter) so food might be difficult. I know that the company has some kind of rota in operation so not too many staff onsite but so far, they've only asked what days I'm coming in. Should be interesting....
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
              If you are inside IR35 you are part and parcel of the organisation so they should not treat you differently from the permies.

oh sorry I forgot that inside IR35 means "no mans land"
              It’s a very good point

Comment

can't you make it four days?

Comment

My inside Ir35 client has also now permitted contractors to work at home. The permies hate that one of their few perks has been shared with the perceived highly paid tax avoiding inside ir35 contractors!

http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Sure.

Got to warn you though, due to the toilet roll shortage, I’m using notes to sneeze on, and then wipe my bottom.

Drop me your address
                    Sure

Boris Johnstone
                    10 Downing Street
                    London

Comment

Working...
                    X