• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Draconian measures

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    They'll carve that on your gravestone. Your world is just one endless vortex of flustered triggered bewilderment.

You truly are the dimwit's dimwit.

Give up, I'm not related to you.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Not sure where you copied that guff from, is it you or the source that don't know the difference between it's and its?

Just because you imagine you are in group A doesn't excuse your attitude.
      Polite to call it guff.

Groups A, B and C have intersects and are not distinct groups.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Not sure about a very draconian shut down, there could be huge consequences of that too. What will be the mental health effects, probably some driven to suicide, of people losing their jobs and businesses or being stuck in isolation for weeks or months?
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

There are differing opinions, even from the experts, but it is hardly in doubt that the government has much expert advice. Don't know why some people, whose only "expertise" comes from what they have read in the news, think they know better.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Give up, I'm not related to you.
            Clearly. You have way too many fingers for starters, even leaving aside the fact that they are webbed.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Polite to call it guff.
              Oh yeah, let's all bow to the superior knowledge of the forum's Chief Medical Adviser.

You really are letting that First Aider certificate inflate your tiny mind way beyond capability.

It is a suggested way of moving forward to sensibly manage an escalation. Nobody sensible (clearly that excludes both you and the peabrain WTFH) ever claimed it was a silver bullet.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Yeah! What Billy No Mates says, shut the pubs and clubs down, he doesn't go him anyway, so isolation at home with squirrels is perfectly normal.
                Squirrels can catch corona virus too you know!

2020-01-31 Coronavirus: Why are we catching more diseases from animals?
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

The plan is to segregate all vulnerable people (older, ill, disabled and at risk) let

Yes I get it. The Group A people are the ones who cost the government and us tax payers in sick pay and medication and care.

So if we let most of them die the country won't have to pay them a pension. Or sick pay. Or pay for carers, or give them benefits.

Win win all the way.

Me? Cynical?

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    Oh yeah, let's all bow to the superior knowledge of the forum's Chief Medical Adviser.

You really are letting that First Aider certificate inflate your tiny mind way beyond capability.

It is a suggested way of moving forward to sensibly manage an escalation. Nobody sensible (clearly that excludes both you and the peabrain WTFH) ever claimed it was a silver bullet.

You really are dumb.

My point is groups A, B and C aren't separate distinct groups.

There are loads of people who intersect the groups e.g. have a medical condition and are an essential worker, are carers but are over 70.

As well as that loads of people live in households with others who are in the other groups. For example healthy school-aged children live with a parent who is an essential worker but has a medical condition making them vulnerable.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X