• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I got one...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waitrose on Kensington High Street seems to have had a plague of locusts go through it. Hardly any veg, little meat or fish, no eggs, no bread, no flour.

Jim Beam Kentucky Straight Bourbon on offer at £15.

Comment

When I went to the supermarket for my main shop a few days ago I thought all this panic buying thing was being exaggerated. Not so today, I popped in for a few things and there were empty shelves everywhere. Couldn't get any potatoes but, fortunately, I got the last box of fish fingers. The little Costcutters in my village had a lot more stuff, I'll shop there in future.

PS I am making a trap to catch some of those darn cats that keep crapping on my lawn. Anyone know any good cat recipes?
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
        I've noticed people on the next door app getting worried about freezers. Seems like a risky approach to me, one power cut and you've got a load of rotten food.
        That's what the petrol generator is for.

I've got two*.

*Getting access to the feckers is another story though.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 March 2020, 18:36.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The little fruit and veg shop round the corner had some lovely looking asparagus so we picked that up.

The convenience store two doors along had lots of eggs so I picked up a dozen.

Feel much better for having supported my local shops and have made a note to avoid Waitrose for the forseeable future. The Sainsbury's on Cromwell Road remains a better bet but I will pop to the Tesco Superstore later this week to see what state its in.

Comment

Just a tip - if you forget things on your online shop don't edit it find a local shop to get the extras.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Just a tip - if you forget things on your online shop don't edit it find a local shop to get the extras.
              +1

Two hour wait online to update my Ocado list? No thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
                I've noticed people on the next door app getting worried about freezers. Seems like a risky approach to me, one power cut and you've got a load of rotten food.
                I was wondering about this. I do not anticipate us having power or water issues, an outage is always possible of course.

If you live somewhere more remote like many parts of USA, fuel and generators are going to be the next thing worth their weight in gold.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  I was wondering about this. I do not anticipate us having power or water issues, an outage is always possible of course.

If you live somewhere more remote like many parts of USA, fuel and generators are going to be the next thing worth their weight in gold.
                  ^^ The Septics, of course, will be fully stocked with a wide variety of lethal weapons already, as any sensible person would be, from the Barrett 50 cal down to the 45 Auto and the shotgun with slugs.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Instead of an expensive generator you can get one of those 12V car plug to 220 normal socket transformer. You can get probably 500Wmax out of it. With a car tank of about 60l and a consumption of 0.7l/h idling you would not be that better off but good backup.
                    And you can still use it on holidays or when caping and is reasonably inexpensive.
                    Last edited by GigiBronz; 18 March 2020, 13:04.

Comment

Freezer should be covered by Home insurance.

Tescos was busy but seems they have cleared the shelves of all the 'unhealthy' foods.

No fresh meat, except that Gressingham duck is 1/2 price and there was loads of that.

Comment

Working...
                      X