• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I got one...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
    And again.. currently closed
    I was in it about 10-15 minutes ago and it was fine.

EDIT: and just tried, no issue at all.

Comment

Was I alone in first thinking....

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
        Having read this thread, I have come to the conclusion that I seem to be the only contractor on here who shops online at ASDA!
        We didn't used to but they were the only supermarket, in our area, who were still doing home deliveries.

There are no slots available now for about 3 weeks but they're still doing click & collect, which is better than having to go in the store.
        Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          I was in it about 10-15 minutes ago and it was fine.

EDIT: and just tried, no issue at all.
          It seems some of us are more equal than others.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
            We didn't used to but they were the only supermarket, in our area, who were still doing home deliveries.

There are no slots available now for about 3 weeks but they're still doing click & collect, which is better than having to go in the store.
            I've had to use Asda and Morrisons.

The rest refuse to deliver.

Asda do strange substitutions though.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
              It seems some of us are more equal than others.
              Damn right

Comment

WOOT, just had the email from sainsbugs confirming I am on the priority list! massive order placed, that's me done for 3 weeks

A bit of a relief TBH,
                Growing old is mandatory
                Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
                  WOOT, just had the email from sainsbugs confirming I am on the priority list! massive order placed, that's me done for 3 weeks

A bit of a relief TBH,
                  I just got the same Sainsburys email through for Himself and had a look out of curiosity- no slots for either delivery or pick up for the next 3 weeks!
                  How on earth are the very vulnerable meant to cope? I believe the delivery food boxes that have been sent out to those who are alone or can’t get groceries are hit and miss. Some have been shown to be full of processed crap and sugar.
                  I will stick to my Asda recurring slot and stay indoors.
                  I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Maybe the vulnerable, home bound are starving to death because able fit bodied people can't be bothered to go to the supermarket but are instead using up all the slots in the delivery mechanism, just a thought you know...
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                      Maybe the vulnerable, home bound are starving to death because able fit bodied people can't be bothered to go to the supermarket but are instead using up all the slots in the delivery mechanism, just a thought you know...
                      I tend to run the gauntlet and get stuff for the Mrs and me.
                      We both spoke about this just a few weeks ago.
                      I tend to pick times Iknow it won't be as busy, the car park was rammed out when I walked past yesterday, for example, I went the day before when it was only a third full.

Another issue is I won't get a lot of things I need via a delivery, I like to pick my own goods as well.
                      In addition, I'm not completely sure whether it would really be any safer

I do appreciate that is harder for some as well, I have a number of good shops near me, not just supermarkets either
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X