• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I got one...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Maybe the vulnerable, home bound are starving to death because able fit bodied people can't be bothered to go to the supermarket but are instead using up all the slots in the delivery mechanism, just a thought you know...
    I hope that is not aimed at me. I cant leave the house as my terminally ill husband needs constant care. He has Motor Neurone Disease. Be thankful that you dont.
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
      I hope that is not aimed at me. I cant leave the house as my terminally ill husband needs constant care. He has Motor Neurone Disease. Be thankful that you dont.
      I don't think it would be, the opposite, actually
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I thought it was great having a milkman who delivers a variety of stuff but today got a revised, much shorter list, with next to nothing I'd want. No cream!!! I can't survive without my raspberries and cream.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

You're the type of person that should be prioritised for home delivery, not a fit family of four and I hope you're getting home delivery
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

You're the type of person that should be prioritised for home delivery, not a fit family of four and I hope you're getting home delivery
            Sorry if I over reacted! I'm a bit sleep deprived
            I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Strangely enough, that's the one thing I'm not since this all started. Keep having naps in the afternoon and sleeping for a good 8 hours a night
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Thanks for correcting me. I thought it was the guinea pigs who were terminally ill.

Comment

Maybe the vulnerable, home bound are starving to death because able fit bodied people can't be bothered to go to the supermarket but are instead using up all the slots in the delivery mechanism, just a thought you know...
                  I have to say, I am in two minds over this.

1. Yes, absolutely, keep deliveries for thems that can't get out. Totally on board with that in principle.

2. Going out presents a risk of me catching the virus and goes against the guidance of don't go out. I know shopping is exempt but it's not risk free.

Living on my own I have to hope that I don't catch anything and, if I do, I remain with it enough to know when I need hospitalisation. I am not in a high risk group but I don't want to be one of the statistical anomalies that gets the Daily Fail all frothy mouthed.

Comment

Comment

Use another supermarket.

I have to use Asda as they have sorted themselves out.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X