• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I got one...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got one...

A supermarket delivery slot!

I have to wait 2 weeks but my (interesting) food should have run out by then.

The site crashed as I was filling up my trolley.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

banana:

Comment

Sainsbury’s site shows available slots for the next three weeks, of which there are precisely none here

Comment

I somehow managed to get a slot this week on Thursday, now waiting for that to get cancelled due to no stock sometime Wednesday or Thursday morning.

Comment

I can still get prime now - 1 hour delivery for booze

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by dsc View Post
            I somehow managed to get a slot this week on Thursday, now waiting for that to get cancelled due to no stock sometime Wednesday or Thursday morning.
            Stock isn’t the problem. The shops are full if you go to them, except possibly for bog roll and pasta (other than wholemeal) and whatever other products people have become obsessed with for no good reason. The problem is that they only have as many delivery vans as they needed for pre-COVID-19 demand, and you can’t easily get a few dozen extra vans and drivers per store when all your competitors are trying to do the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by dsc View Post
              The supply chain is running as normal. There is no need to panic. Yet.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                I can still get prime now - 1 hour delivery for booze

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
                Booze I can easily get from one of the 3 corner shops near me.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

My wife popped into the supermarket today to pick up some basics (we've avoided any bulk buying). She said (as per normal) the loo roll, pasta and tinned goods shelves were all empty, except one lonely 4-pack of "Low sugar, low salt Heinz Baked Beans"

UK be like: we'll panic buy, but none of that healthy sh!t please!

Comment

Wife booked in a delivery for the end of month and yep the site crashed when trying to complete the booking.

Comment

Working...
                    X