• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

worth a read

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Ration books, coming soon.
    Will we be limited on how many Monday links we can read?

Or will there be a limit on how many "IR35 reversal" threads that can appear?

Or how much soup you can store in the freezer?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      And at my age I am totally incontinent and need much more toilet roll anyway...
      your incontinence is primarily oral.
      you don't need bog rolls, you need a kidney bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Surely that's hard to enforce? How could you make sure that a family with 5 kids gets the food they need vs someone who lives alone? What if someone was shopping for themselves and a couple of their neighbours who are in the at risk group and don't want to go out?
        If you were to introduce max 2 packs of toiler paper per shop in the current situation I don't think it would make it harder for anyone, but one make it available for more in general. Limiting often happens during promotions and doesn't cause any issues so why would it do so now?

Comment

Some of us can remember Ye Greate Bog Roll Shortage of 1972 (or was it 1973?).

During this the women students got the nice soft bog roll while the male students got something that closely resembled 400 grit Wet & Dry, of a colour that suggested it was 2nd hand bum.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Some of us can remember Ye Greate Bog Roll Shortage of 1972 (or was it 1973?).

During this the women students got the nice soft bog roll while the male students got something that closely resembled 400 grit Wet & Dry, of a colour that suggested it was 2nd hand bum.
            IZAL medicated skite aff paper

Comment

I wonder how much the European culture of kissing each other when they meet has influenced the rate of the spread of the desease?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                I wonder how much the European culture of kissing each other when they meet has influenced the rate of the spread of the desease?

It's probably about 10 a week, according to your dentist.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

“ Top UK epidemiologist develops symptoms
                  The scientist who led research that is reported to have influenced changes to the UK's coronavirus policy is self-isolating after developing symptoms of Covid-19.

Prof Neil Ferguson, from London's Imperial College, led a group of experts modelling the effect of policies introduced to curb the virus.”

neil_ferguson on Twitter: "Sigh. Developed a slight dry but persistent cough yesterday and self isolated even though I felt fine. Then developed high fever at 4am today. There is a lot of COVID-19 in Westminster."

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    I suspect tomorrow's results for the UK will be 480-500 new cases.

Oh dear. 676.

It was increasing at 25% a day Tuesday-Saturday. This is a jump of 35%.

As of 9am 18 March 2020, a total of 56,221 people have been tested:
                    53,595 negative
                    2,626 positive
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Brace for Italy+...

I'm currently in an office where people have been told yesterday to work from home (I can't as I'm working on hardware and it's SC) - 80% turned up today and are at their desks tapping away. I asked why they are not at home, most say that they have a meeting to go to in which they dial in to a teleconference

******* muppets.

Comment

Working...
                      X