• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

worth a read

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dsc View Post
    Brace for Italy+...

I'm currently in an office where people have been told yesterday to work from home (I can't as I'm working on hardware and it's SC) - 80% turned up today and are at their desks tapping away. I asked why they are not at home, most say that they have a meeting to go to in which they dial in to a teleconference

******* muppets.
    I haven't been in the office since Friday. Going in tomorrow and Friday. Silver lining is that commute time has halved.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      I wonder how much the European culture of kissing each other when they meet has influenced the rate of the spread of the desease?
      From what I know of Italians, which isn't much, they have a big family culture. So when the kids came off school they went to the grand parent for care. The kids could be carrying it... The grand parents would have still gone outside and mixed with other people, it's kind of what they do. And of course the kissing and cuddling everything with a pulse probably didn't help either.

Comment

bump

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Oh dear. 676.

It was increasing at 25% a day Tuesday-Saturday. This is a jump of 35%.

As of 9am 18 March 2020, a total of 56,221 people have been tested:
          53,595 negative
          2,626 positive

What a difference 5 days makes. We've doubled the number of positive results. UK is still running at 5% of positive don't recover.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
          X