• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business begging

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business begging

Got a cruise booked for May out of Rome which won't be going. So have cancelled the airport transfers I had booked to ports and so forth. Just got an email from the Italian transfer company NCC Airport saying they have a 99% cancellation rate, are receiving no state support but are still expected to pay fees and taxes. Consequently could we donate something to help them keep afloat. A grovelling begging letter that I don't think is a scam but is naive Also all theatre bookings flights and so forth going forward are being pulled so a lot of business is crashing and burning. I have a feeling the begging bowls will be coming out thick and fast

You won't be going on holiday in future if they all go under.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

To be fair we've got one *cough* contractor *cough* with his begging bowl out already.

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...nsolvency.html
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        You won't be going on holiday in future if they all go under.
        So the planet gets saved

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          To be fair we've got one *cough* contractor *cough* with his begging bowl out already.

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...nsolvency.html
          I hope you're self-isolating with that cough?

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
            I hope you're self-isolating with that cough?
            He is, but he's calling by the old name - just being antisocial.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
            X