• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

3 of the 4 national mobile phone networks down

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 of the 4 national mobile phone networks down

EE, O2, Vodafone and Tesco Mobile down: Mass outage leaves people unable to text or make calls | The Independent

probably not able to cope with the number of people working from home?

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
    probably not able to cope with the number of people working from home?
    Unlikely to be that TBH.

More likely that the underpaid skeleton staff they employ to maintain their networks are "self-isolating".

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I was able to phone my Dentist to reschedule my next appointment without any issue.

I'm on EE

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        I was able to phone my Dentist to reschedule my next appointment without any issue.

I'm on EE
        Same, just made a few calls, no issues.

qh
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

On Vodafone and no issues.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Giffgaff and Vodafone down in central Hants...
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Vodafone is on the verge of bankruptcy - their liabilities are almost equal to their assets, once you remove the fairly dust that is intangible assets. Any interest rate rise on that debt and they're history.

Vodafone (VOD) Balance Sheet - Investing.com UK

Someone or group or computer algorithm was so desperate to get out of Vodafone stock yesterday they sold it all the way down to 1p

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Tesco used to piggy back off O2 as does Giff Gaff IIRC. So it makes sense that these are struggling if O2 is down because they will sort their own network first.

Comment

fake news
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                    fake news
                    ^ This

There's absolutely no network issues in the UK righ

Comment

Working...
                    X