• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What shares are you buying now - if any?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    i hope you are joking
    I hope so too, but I don't think he is.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Because this time it’s different.
      It may be, it may be not. We might get a black swan, and the markets never recover. The markets have, always, recovered - there is always a first time though.

Time will tell. But we'll all be experts in hindsight
      Last edited by Whorty; 18 March 2020, 12:50.
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Tell me you understand that just because Glencoe trade in commodities, when you guy their shares you are not actually buying the commodities yourself?

Buying GLEN doesn't make you a commodities trader; you're just an equity trader.

Buying coffee, steel, bog roll, makes you a commodities trader.

You draw a nice graph fella, but I do worry that you're convincing others on here that you know what you're talking about, and getting them to follow your lead. It's a dangerous game when you're unsure yourself what you're doing.
        I tried this yesterday - preserve your sanity.

Comment

During COVID I finally ensured that property shares are worthy. Having shares in German projects on realtybundles I can still have good returns. That pleases.

Comment

Working...
          X