• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What shares are you buying now - if any?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Highland View Post
    BP nationalised ? By which nation?
    By the one with the printing press.

Look at their books, their assets & liabilities are on par, oil is heading to <$10 a barrel - there's a reason why that stock is dumping harder than most. BP like like a number of other FTSE 100 companies will not exist this time next year unless the government buys them out. They gave two fingers to Flybe... who's next?

BP p.l.c. (BP) Balance Sheet - Yahoo Finance
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Here's a freebie... It'll surely best going through the oncoming downturn - RSI on the monthly @ 26! (that means it is a steal).

Told you all before, exposure to commodities is what you want... not equities. This one is Glencore PLC.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Here's a freebie... It'll surely best going through the oncoming downturn - RSI on the monthly @ 26! (that means it is a steal).

Told you all before, exposure to commodities is what you want... not equities. This one is Glencore PLC.

Is that a golden cross on the RSI I see?

Tempted .... But I think it has further to fall.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Either the market recovers from this and every sector comes back, or it doesn't and nothing comes back. A rising tide lifts all boats... Except 'Crypto' of course, that tulip is gone forever soon.

Yes, there will be casualties.... I don't expect the big oil players to be one of them, more likely they'll shore up their reserve situations by acquiring cheap assets from distressed sellers and cancel expensive exploration. I wouldn't be buying the drillers or the service companies...

Microsoft will probably see O365 install base grow even further when backward companies cost out the impact of not being able to seamlessly transfer workforce to home. The commercial property market could be hurt.

Look for companies who's bonds are trading at a large discount. Definitely be wary of buying shares in same.

Don't buy anything without a long enough time window to ride out volatility - 5 years?

Comment

I've lost £75000 this week so maybe I'll pass on this one
            "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
              Chump change.
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

By the one with the printing press.

Look at their books, their assets & liabilities are on par, oil is heading to <$10 a barrel - there's a reason why that stock is dumping harder than most. BP like like a number of other FTSE 100 companies will not exist this time next year unless the government buys them out. They gave two fingers to Flybe... who's next?

Oh christ - you're a charter.

RSI at 26 = steal What was Flybe's, Laura Ashley, Carrillion's RSI before pop?

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
                  I've lost around the same. But actually if we don't have to sell now, it is an opportunity to make back more than we "lost", because we'll be able to switch our investments into shares that have gone down even more.
                  Crisis = Opportunity.

Comment

Look at their books, their assets & liabilities are on par

Huh?

From that link
                    Total assets: 295,194,000
                    Total liabilities: 194,486,000
                    Therefore net assets is around £100 billion. Double their market cap!

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                      Is that a golden cross on the RSI I see?

Tempted .... But I think it has further to fall.

no - has been in a bear market since May of last year. However it really has bottomed. If I were a long term investor only interested in stocks, this is where I'd be putting my money.

Here even on the daily it's actually looking bullish following a strong oversold region.

Comment

Working...
                      X