• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Social distancing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Social distancing

Don't go down the pub/cinema and sit near 50 strangers, but okay to sit in a packed office at work with 50 strangers everyday?

Can someone please explain the logic/difference?

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Don't go down the pub/cinema and sit near 50 strangers, but okay to sit in a packed office at work with 50 strangers everyday?

Who is telling you it is okay to sit in a packed office at work with 50 strangers everyday?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Who is telling you it is okay to sit in a packed office at work with 50 strangers everyday?
      Me boss 'innit?

Comment

Your boss? Are you sure you're a contractor?

Anyway, buy one of these:

England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

I ain't been a contractor for some years.

Also my other half works in a place where she works with the public and a busy office, but we can't go down the pub?

Comment

It's going to be tough

Tonight I and two ex contractors are off to the gym and then to the village pub.

I suspect this might be the last time we can do this for eighteen months.
            "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

If you did both before, then you're cutting your exposure by 50%.

Also, you need to work but you don't need to go down t'boozer. Given this is all about reducing transmission rates not reducing cases overall, every infection opportunity you remove has an effect.

Why do you work in a packed office anyway, what sort of contractor are you?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Why do you work in a packed office anyway, what sort of contractor are you?
                I'm a permie boss telling 50 contractors to sit their bums down and work like bastards.

Comment

I ain't been a contractor for some years.

Also my other half works in a place where she works with the public and a busy office, but we can't go down the pub?
                  In the UK unlike other countries, no-one is telling you that you can't go to the pub, they're only asking you to not go. Slight difference there. Now if you choose to go and the old boy who smells of piss who always sits at the end of the bar accidentally sneezes all over you, then that is your choice
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                  X