• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

£350 bln Govt aid

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Calm down you triggered teuchter. And put your teeth back in.

I haven't got any teeth. They all fell out last time I had the treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      What are right wing/Tory money tress paid for by?
      The Taxpayer?

I just don't quite understand why when the panic mongers are telling us it's the end of the world stock traders are still concerned that they aren't making money hand over fist on the stock market.

Really doesn't matter to the average person. Putting food on the table, having a safe place to live, family health and the health of your friends and neighbours is what matters.

That is what the government is for. To ensure there is food in the shops and the wherewithal to buy it, or a supply system to make sure someone doesn't have to force open doors to find rooms full of flies or pets eating their owners bluntly put. (And yes, in one of my previous jobs I had to deal with that once, not nice).
      Gamblers still trying to increase their wealth on stock markets are really bottom of the food table at the moment.

Actually best thing that could happen is to stop putting pointless stuff like this on the news. We aren't going to the US. We aren't going to Europe probably after this weekend so kind of doesn't really matter what the pound is worth except to people trying to earn money gambling on the rise and fall of currency values.

And their efforts would be better turned to using their super computers to try and work out how to create a workable antidote to the virus. Because that's what we apparently really need.
      Last edited by Lost It; 19 March 2020, 09:44.

Comment

Working...
      X