Who’s been chopped or about to be chopped? Who’s been chopped or about to be chopped? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 36
  1. #11

    Godlike

    DoctorStrangelove is always on top

    DoctorStrangelove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    5,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Neo-Victorian Britain.
    Plenty of jobs collecting pure.

    Most of it comes ready bagged these days.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

  2. #12

    Super poster

    vwdan - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    3,024

    Default

    As it happens I specialise in the kind of systems companies need now - so I'm currently working 14 hour days and will probably work myself to death first.

    Feels a very hollow victory though - all I can think of is my warchest, and what we're going to do about family members working in hospitality. My brothers company has outright closed its doors today, pending further notice.
    Last edited by vwdan; 18th March 2020 at 13:31.

  3. #13

    Contractor Among Contractors

    Andy2 has more data than eek


    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,643

  4. #14

    Still gathering requirements...

    Highland is good enough for Jehovah!


    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Contact at client (large global engineering co., >150k employees) mentioned in a call earlier that they were going to be assessing contractors positions this afternoon from the perspective of being ready for when this starts to recede... Bagged by 1600?

  5. #15

    Super poster

    GhostofTarbera - scorchio!

    GhostofTarbera's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    2,099

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Highland View Post
    Contact at client (large global engineering co., >150k employees) mentioned in a call earlier that they were going to be assessing contractors positions this afternoon from the perspective of being ready for when this starts to recede... Bagged by 1600?
    Get your bench Warner ready


    Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

  6. #16

    Should post faster

    Grasser73 is a permanent contractor

    Grasser73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    173

    Default

    All a bit NSS from ClientCo today regarding immediate cost-cutting

    • A significant reduction in the use of external contractors and consultants

  7. #17

    Should post faster

    DodgyAccountant is a permanent contractor


    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grasser73 View Post
    All a bit NSS from ClientCo today regarding immediate cost-cutting

    • A significant reduction in the use of external contractors and consultants
    I just hope it will be a V-shaped recession. A sharp upswing should give us plenty of opportunities but we're talking months (possibly a year or two) away.

    There may be massive money printing which will come home to roost one day.

    The IR35 news cheered me up.

  8. #18

    Godlike

    ladymuck is always on top

    ladymuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,414

    Default

    I reckon lots of companies will be looking to implement proper remote working stuff - ripe for dodgy contractors to swoop and "consult"

  9. #19

    More time posting than coding

    Lost It has more data than eek


    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Hayling Island
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vwdan View Post
    As it happens I specialise in the kind of systems companies need now - so I'm currently working 14 hour days and will probably work myself to death first.

    Feels a very hollow victory though - all I can think of is my warchest, and what we're going to do about family members working in hospitality. My brothers company has outright closed its doors today, pending further notice.
    Do you mean like Sewage workers, truck drivers, infrastructure teams that kind of thing?

    Doesn't matter what you do, as soon as the bog starts over flowing into the bathroom that's when the really important jobs will come to the fore.

  10. #20

    Fingers like lightning

    BlueSharp is NOT a disguised employee

    BlueSharp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    889

    Default

    currently starting COVID-19 emergency projects at my place. I hope the contractors involved have got a new SOW

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •