• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who’s been chopped or about to be chopped?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chopped here - just started a brand new gig on Monday - the worry was already palpable on site by Wednesday, very few people communicating with me as they scramble to get remote workers up and running.

The announcement came this afternoon that all contractors curtailed - BUT , kudos to my agent , who was ahead of the game and negotiated a 4 week notice period on my 'Outside IR35' contract!

It really is unprecedented times, worldwide virus pandemic was foreseeable (a'la Bill Gates Ted talk 2015) , but an agent who's made my business money?, wow.

Comment

I thought I was, then not, then was now I'm reasonably certain I'll be ok for another few months - and might even get an extension.

Project due to go live April 1st now going July 1st

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
        Chopped here - just started a brand new gig on Monday - the worry was already palpable on site by Wednesday, very few people communicating with me as they scramble to get remote workers up and running.

The announcement came this afternoon that all contractors curtailed - BUT , kudos to my agent , who was ahead of the game and negotiated a 4 week notice period on my 'Outside IR35' contract!

It really is unprecedented times, worldwide virus pandemic was foreseeable (a'la Bill Gates Ted talk 2015) , but an agent who's made my business money?, wow.
        Probably they are afraid of later litigation... or any other claims that you might have depending on what Gov puts in place.
        Probably against the agency and not the client...

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
          Probably they are afraid of later litigation... or any other claims that you might have depending on what Gov puts in place.
          Probably against the agency and not the client...
          Don't kill the only bit of Buzz I'll get this month!

Comment

Originally posted by Lost It View Post
            Do you mean like Sewage workers, truck drivers, infrastructure teams that kind of thing?

Doesn't matter what you do, as soon as the bog starts over flowing into the bathroom that's when the really important jobs will come to the fore.
            Well, this week I've mainly been enabling an entire US county to coordinate their efforts away from their offices. I mean, if the sewage trucks don't know where to go what use are they

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
              Well, this week I've mainly been enabling an entire US county to coordinate their efforts away from their offices. I mean, if the sewage trucks don't know where to go what use are they
              No Sh1t?
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                That's a sh1t gig.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Just agreed Monday to Saturday working and billing for the duration. Need to work at home one day per week to mind kids, so should be sustainable.

Comment

Kind of surprised no-one is talking about 3 day week and job sharing as a way to cut the wages bill rather than laying people off. Realistically in our game just 2 days a week would be enough to keep the bills in check if you spent wisely. And surely that's a fairly easy option.

During the Miners Strike in 84-85, me and wifey used to manage quite well on 4 days picketing money. Or £22 a week.

Comment

Not chopped here yet, decided to take an extension after being declared outside (which came one day before the government delayed the new IR35 rules) and declined an offer which is likely going to be delayed or chopped

Comment

Working...
                      X