• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Law of Unintended Consequences... Covid again...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

One good thing about Covid-19 is that all the morons and millennials have stopped going on about Brexit ..
    The snag is BoJo has probably also taken this welcome (to him) opportunity to stop dealing with Brexit!
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      Doesn't the author of this piece live in London?
      what makes you say that?

Many reporters/social commentators live abroad some even in France e.g. Alistair Dabbs.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by mos View Post
        I resent this inference . We are NOT a cheap labor and we never will be.

Btw. - this German colleague of yours seems to be obsessed with Poland, almost as we are back in 09/1939. Are they planning to come back and finish the job?
        Ooh. Forgot to point out. He's an Ex Pat... Married a German woman.

Kind of how I got to know him, he was after a Morgan.
        Last edited by Lost It; 21 March 2020, 10:08.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost It View Post
          I scribbled this down as we were having the conversation but... I have a friend in Germany (Connected through a car club, long story) and we have just had an interesting WhatsApp chat.. So I may have got some of it wrong as I can't always read my own writing.

Basically: In Germany, there's a traffic jam on the road into Poland caused by Polish truckers trying to get home.
          Poland has closed it's border and every LDTD that has been outside Poland has to be checked for CoVID before they can cross the border back into Poland.

So most of the Polish drivers are refusing to Leave Poland in the first place because it can take them days to get home, and their employers don't want to pay for them being sat in traffic jams.
          Most of the drivers are Polish or former Eastern European types because they are cheaper to hire.

Delivery of goods to and from and through Poland is breaking down. So many companies in Germany are closing production lines.

I think it's called a FUBAR?

Some proper lack of joined up thinking going on here. Glad we are surrounded by the sea and have container ports.
          Traffic chaos at German-Polish border a threat to local supply chains? | Business| Economy and finance news from a German perspective | DW | 19.03.2020
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            The snag is BoJo has probably also taken this welcome (to him) opportunity to stop dealing with ******!
            Another thread mixing C*V*9 with B*****t.....

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              The snag is BoJo has probably also taken this welcome (to him) opportunity to stop dealing with Brexit!
              He's already got Brexit done. Get over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                He's already got Brexit done. Get over it.

Comment

Working...
                X