• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rumour Mill

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rumour Mill

2 sources = 1 in MOD & other in Airline industry say:
    UK will go onto lockdown this weekend

Given there is no definition of what a 'lockdown' actually is I really hope the mods here begin to delete threads that serve no purpose. Plenty of threads already contain duplicate information.

It stands to reason more restrictive measures must be in place - and enforced - this virus will spread throughout the population.

Rumour mongering is unhelpful.

The current advice is to work from home where possible but this has been purposefully misconstrued by employers - many of whom still force staff to come in. The overall business response has been dreadful.

Comment

Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post
      Given there is no definition of what a 'lockdown' actually is
      Miss Diane says it means troops on the streets enforcing zero movement except for necessities

Comment

Same rumour went round Ireland last weekend. Turned out to be nonsense. It will come eventually I expect.

Comment

Originally posted by Benny View Post
          Miss Diane says it means troops on the streets enforcing zero movement except for necessities
          One persons necessity is another ones luxury as they say...

qh
          He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Benny View Post
            2 sources = 1 in MOD & other in Airline industry say:
            UK will go onto lockdown this weekend
            Do they have a lock that big

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
              Do they have a lock that big
              I would be more worried that they still have the key to unlock it after this tulipstorm. Governments tend to forget certain things
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I heard the rumour too.

I suspect they need to first order all non-essentials to close down.

Then go Spain and Italy style.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Yah, army chap I know says they will Patrol supermarkets from Monday

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

I have seen a few fake posts on whats app suggesting this. fake - badly photo shopped screen grabs.
                    Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Working...
                    X