• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Schools OUT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schools OUT

Well then. Enjoy your kids everyone
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Well then. Enjoy your kids everyone
    Thank you, I will try to. However I have twins due to tak their A levels this year which have now been cancelled. We have no idea what will happen, they both have Oxbridge offers but now won't take the exams. Where does that leave them?
    England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        They can't be that bad?

Maybe if you spent more time with them they would be nicer.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          They can't be that bad?

Maybe if you spent less time with them they would be nicer.
          FTFY
          England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Summer holidays seem to start earlier and earlier each year
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
                Thank you, I will try to. However I have twins due to tak their A levels this year which have now been cancelled. We have no idea what will happen, they both have Oxbridge offers but now won't take the exams. Where does that leave them?
                Maybe people will finally learn just how inconsequential their A-Levels are.

Assuming things are actually back to normal by then it'll all get worked out. Lots of people will be very unhappy about how that is done, and then we'll all just get on with our lives.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

We've been homeschooling since the shutdown here in Germany... so far so good. I recommend keeping the routine, get up at normal times etc. although our meal times are slipping. We're not eating as much, partly cause being hermits means we're not burning many calories.
                  Last edited by scooterscot; 18 March 2020, 18:57.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
                    Is this a satirical post?

Unprecedented sequential stock market drops, business collapsing, a real unnecessary increase in people being infected due to a very late response from the type of UK Government who's Prime Minister makes a joke along the lines of "we will make a last gasp dash for ventilators" and you're worrying about when entrance to Oxford University will re-open?

You need to get your priorities in order.

The real disadvantaged from all this omnishambles will be the increased number of dead who needlessly were infected in the first place. I've even been advising people worrying about these sorts of things to think of the bigger picture. Don't even worry about your mortgage payment, lost job, or anything like that. This is an unprecedented situation and may continue for months. Exams, if anything, can be better prepared for through study now. Life will be strange for a couple of years after the fall-out from this as we readjust all walks of life. 20-30% unemployment is a serious fact staring us in the face now. Your house will not burn down (hopefully), you will not be homeless, you will get food, your family will survive. Minimise the risk of infection and keep a clear head. Numbers on computers - bills mortgages, everything - they're on hold.

In the interim, keep your family as safe as possible and - if you are fully healthy (not pregnant, etc) join in with the thousands donning FPP3 facemasks and gloves to help support those in need at this time who are likely to be abandoned by the healthcare service due to mass staff illnesses due to lack of PPE.

Perspective.
                    Last edited by rogerfederer; 18 March 2020, 18:56.

Comment

Working...
                    X