• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Schools OUT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would Alice Cooper do?

Comment

You rang ?
      We got the Oystons out like we said we would

Comment

@UA: Well done your two. That's a lot of hard work. Don't worry too much as everyone is in the same boat and if I know OB they will honour their end. They are also well placed to get self paced home learning off the ground in the mean time.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I asked DS1, aged 5, why he punched another child. "Getting my retaliation in first"....
          My Nan used to cheerfully tell us that when my Dad was a kid, she used to give him a clip round the ear as he passed through the house in his usual whirlwind manner. "Ouch, why?" He'd say. "Just in case you do something stupid and I'm not there to catch you at it"

She was right. He was a little fecker by all accounts. Sparked a missing child hunt because they all thought he'd gone missing when in fact he'd dug a hole at the top of the garden and was sitting in it...

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            My Nan used to cheerfully tell us that when my Dad was a kid, she used to give him a clip round the ear as he passed through the house in his usual whirlwind manner. "Ouch, why?" He'd say. "Just in case you do something stupid and I'm not there to catch you at it"

She was right. He was a little fecker by all accounts. Sparked a missing child hunt because they all thought he'd gone missing when in fact he'd dug a hole at the top of the garden and was sitting in it...
            So you take after him then....

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
              Thank you, I will try to. However I have twins due to tak their A levels this year which have now been cancelled. We have no idea what will happen, they both have Oxbridge offers but now won't take the exams. Where does that leave them?
              I have been wondering that as well. My kid would survive if they take the predicted score, but if they take mock exam scores....
              Last edited by BigDataPro; 19 March 2020, 12:52.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post
                I have been wondering that as well. My kid would survive if they take the predicted score, but if they take mock exam scores....
                My kids both fine with predicted. One is fine with mocks - the other not. ex-mrs-bp is VERY unwell and was very bad over Christmas. One child had meltdown. I have been into school to appeal for common sense.

As long as they both get first choice university I don't care.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  My kids both fine with predicted. One is fine with mocks - the other not. ex-mrs-bp is VERY unwell and was very bad over Christmas. One child had meltdown. I have been into school to appeal for common sense.

As long as they both get first choice university I don't care.
                  My thoughts exactly. Let's hope for the best. In a way, Corona appears to be a blessing in disguise for many students and for us contractors too

Comment

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post
                    My thoughts exactly. Let's hope for the best. In a way, Corona appears to be a blessing in disguise for many students and for us contractors too
                    My kids both want to do medical related stuff so it will be good for them. And reduced house prices will help.

But they are both worried right now. ex-mrs-bp is not in great health.

Comment

Scottish exams cancelled

Comment

Working...
                      X